May 1, 2016

April 2016 Wrap up

 April 2016 Wrap up

Personal

Let's get the negative stuff out of the way first. In the beginning of the month I suffered of migraine with aura symptoms. I think it's stress-related but I can't be sure. There might not be any explanation behind it but it can't be coincidence if you ask me. Throughout the month I've been feeling more anxious than not. Stress has really gotten to me and sometimes I manage but other times I just can't. I want to get all the work done, I want to get it out of the way but there are so many things going on that take up my free time. Result: I don't get anything done or if I do it's at a slugs' pace. Anyway. Let's talk about fun things now.

I'm so proud that I did the #novelnellieapril16 book photo challenge in April. I'm so happy with how creative I got and how pretty my photos turned out. PROGRESS PEOPLE! I posted every single day, without forgetting but I got the help of Later for that. This is seriously the best way to keep up with photo challenges.

Back in February, I won one of the Love-a-Thon prizes and this month the first few books arrived! I'll be showcasing those in my upcoming book haul. It's gonna be a big one guys (at least for my standards)!

Heir of Fire reread Books I read

• Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell // reread
• Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas // reread
• Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas // reread
• Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas // reread

Wow so many rereads! Never thought I would find such joy in rereading my books. I had so much fun rereading the Throne of Glass series. Initially I was going to read one book per month or so in anticipation of Empire of Storms but the excitement got the better of me and well... This reread changed my view on the series but not in a negative way at all. I love rereading.

What you might have missed...

20+ bookish people you should follow on Instagram
Favorite contemporaries so far
4 reasons why you should reread your books

Gems I found this month...

Google Analytics features made easy for beginners @ Nellie and Co.
11 photography hacks for bloggers @ Thirteen Thoughts
7 Reasons you need to use Latergram.me @ Nellie and Co.
Bookstagram 101: 28 post ideas @ Word Revel
How to take bright photos on a gloomy day @ Thirteen Thoughts
Annotating your books @ BlueEyedBiblio

TV // movies // music

Orphan Black & Game of Thrones are back! It's gonna be a nightmare trying to avoid spoilers for the next 10 weeks since 'no spoilers' apparently doesn't count for GoT. Ah well... I'll try my best to keep up but I won't make any promises.
• Beyonce dropped Lemonade this month. Unlike her previous album I'm not a fan of every single song but my faves are Freedom, Formation and 6 Inch. The others are good too though.
• Great music this month:


How was your April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM