January 13, 2016

Resolutions and goals

 photo resolutionsgoals_zpsqvlcsjli.jpg

Reading goals

No to numbers

I think I mentioned this last year but I don't want to look at numbers anymore. I'm not setting a goal for myself to read # books. I feel like setting a goal made me read stuff I didn't want to read, just to reach that goal and that's just ridiculous. Therefore I'm not doing a Goodreads challenge this year. I still keep track of what I read on there but I won't be challenging myself this year.

Not much else I want to change

That's about the only thing I want to change to be honest. I liked my reading "habits" of 2015 and I just want to continue in that way. Last year I talked about finishing series but I'm not really bothered by it anymore. There are a bunch of new series I started in 2015 that I know I'll never finish (more on that in a another blog post - keep your eyes peeled) but I also discovered some that I read along as they are being published and that I know I'll finish. That way I also know what series I really, really, REALLY like.  So no, apart from the challenge I won't be changing anything.

Life goals

 photo resolutions_zpsgpqsjpni.jpgIt's gonna be another hectic semester and I want to be as prepared as possible. I'm already a planning genius (if I do say so myself - I'm a genius at altering my schedule because I procrastinate so often though) but I'm gonna have to amp up the planning game these coming months. Lots of papers and projects coming my way along with my favorites: exams. So along with planning like a madwoman, I'm also gonna have to motivate myself to stick to my plan, which is a goal in itself. I started looking at the studyblr hashtag on Tumblr more to find the motivation I will definitely need.

I also made a vision board for 2016. I've been doing this for a couple of years now and I like to do it. If you want to reach some goals or stick to your resolutions I really recommend you make a vision board because it reminds you of your goals/resolutions every time you look at it. For a more scientific explanation as to why these vision boards actually seem to work, I recommend reading this article.


That's it for my goals/resolutions. What are your goals/resolutions for 2016? Did you stick to your resolutions of 2015? Do you make a vision board?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM