September 1, 2015

August 2015 Wrap up

 photo augustwrapup2_zpsbhjhth8y.jpg

Personal

I celebrated my 20th birthday!

Now, to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to turning 20 because now there's a 2 in the front instead of a 1 and I feel like I'm supposed to be an adult now. But nothing's changed so I really don't have to worry about it. I had a really nice lunch with my mom and then went shopping after. I got some cute stuff (mostly jewellery but also some clothes) and when I got home I pre-ordered Queen of Shadows (!!) with a coupon to get €5 off (!!!). AND I ordered some sequels I have been wanting for a while now. So all in all, my birthday wasn't a bad day at all.

Bloody resits!

I've literally done nothing this month besides studying for my resits. Apart from the occasional movie-watching (which turned out to be not-so-occasional) and book-reading that's basically all that I did this month. So I wouldn't call August the most exciting month of the year right now... I'll know my results in September so I presume I'll tell you about it in that months wrap up.

Books read in August 2015

The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 1: The Ultron InitiativeThe Dream Thieves A Darker Shade of MagicThe Wise Man's FearYoung Avengers, Vol. 1: Style > SubstanceThe Assassin's BladeThe Life-changing magic of tidying up

The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 1: The Ultron Initiative by Brian Michael Bendis (and illustrated by Frank Cho) // 4 stars
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater // 4.5 stars
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab // 4 stars
The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss // 3 stars
Young Avengers, Vol. 1: Style > Substance by Kieron Gillen (and illustrated by Jamie McKelvie and Mike Norton) // 5 stars
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas // 4.5 stars
The life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo // 5 stars

Don't ask how I managed to study for 5 resits and read this many books because I honestly have no fucking clue.

What I talked about on the blog this month

Do you stick tabs in your books? 

What you can expect in the future

• Reviews of: The Mighty Avengers, Vol. 1: The Ultron Initiative, The Wise Man's Fear & more
• A belated birthday book haul

TV // movies // music

• Movies seen: The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Pitch Perfect 2, The DUFF, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Cinderella
• Watched the PLL summer finale first thing in the morning after it aired in the States hoping to finally learn something but no. #disappointed
• I wanted to share some nice playlists with y'all but Blogger isn't letting me embed them so I'll just link them for you! "Good vibes only" if you're into summery & electronic and "I do what I want" for female vocalists, feminism and bad-assery. I joined Spotify this month but I'm still figuring out what I like and what I don't. So far making playlists is my favorite part.


How was your August?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM