March 1, 2015

February 2015 Wrap up


Personal

One week holiday.

The first week of February was a productive week when it came to reading and blogging. I didn't have school (finally some free time after months of studying my ass off) and so I spent my days doing what I love most: reading! I managed to read 4 books during that period which was above expectation. I also took advantage of all this free time to take photos and stuff. A lot of them are being posted on my Instagram which is something else I've been investing a lot of time in and it motivates me to get creative with book photography.

I could've used an extra week but unfortunately I was back at school on the 9th. I have some really fucking difficult times ahead as I have a law class and an economics class to take this semester. I don't know how I'll manage that but I know that it won't be easy to get through these. I have exams of these classes in both March and June and I don't know if this is good or not. Both are right behind our trip to Rotterdam which is part of another class. And on top of that I also have to write papers every week.

exhausted-merida


Book Blogger Love-A-Thon

It's been wonderful, just like last year! This time around I already knew some people but I met loads more. Seriously, I didn't know this community was that big! I promised myself I'd check out every blog and try to produce a meaningful comment on their blogs but commenting didn't go too well. I kept it up in the beginning but I felt like I was commenting the same thing over and over so I stopped. I DID visit all the participating blogs though and I'll keep the list in mind if I ever want to check them out again.

Here are all the wonderful people I discovered during the Love-A-Thon: Meg @ Adrift on Vulkan // Amaris @ amarisafloria // Natalie @ flowers in my books // Cait @ Paper Fury // Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-turner // Sarah @ What Sarah Read

And if you wanted to read my Love-A-Thon posts again, here they are as well:

BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON | QUESTIONNAIRE

BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON | MINI-CHALLENGE #4: SNAPSHOTS

BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON MINI-CHALLENGE #5: HIGH FIVES


Book photography

After staring at my Instagram page for a while I decided it was a hot mess and in need of a change ASAP. I had no idea how to do that though so I was very happy when Dana (@The Wonder Forest) made a blog post dedicated to reimagining your Instagram profile. I've been trying my best to keep a certain theme going and so far so good.

Books I read


The Kiss of DeceptionThe Raven BoysCressThe Retribution of Mara DyerThe False Prince

The Kiss of Deception - Mary E. Pearson | 4 stars
The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater | 4 stars
Cress - Marissa Meyer | 4 stars
The Retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin | 3,5 stars
The False Prince - Jennifer A. Nielsen | 4 stars
A Dance With Dragons: Part 1 Dreams and Dust | 5 stars

Challenges

Fairytale retelling challenge


Progress
Read: 1/5-9 (20%)

Rereading challenge

Progress
Read: 3/7 (42%)


TV // movies // music

• I saw the first episode of How To Get Away With Murder and thought it was really good. I didn't really pay attention when watching the second episode so maybe I'll rewatch that but I'm not sure yet.
• Music-wise I've been working on a playlist with scores because I LOVE scores! I'll share when it's ready. Would anyone be interested in a post dedicated to playlists like that? If so, let me know.
• I listened to the Fifty Shades Soundtrack and I loved almost every song that's on it. I didn't read those books or went to see that movie because of many reasons (you can probably guess) but the soundtracks are pretty good. Here's the entire thing:



Blogposts you should check out


• Jen @ Pop Goes The Reader made some pretty damn awesome wallpapers inspired by Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (but I'm sure you already knew that)
• Hafsah @ Icey Books made a wallpaper for The Bone Season!

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the 50SoG soundtrack too! It's got great music! (I didn't see the movie either) 4 book is good for a week off! I also got a surprise week off, but I only read a couple. I'm glad to see you liked The Kiss of Deception. I have that one and I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I flew through those books and had nothing better to do than read anyway so... I hope you enjoy The Kiss of Deception :)

      Delete
  2. No movie for me either but damn, that soundtrack is golden. It's all I've been listening to lately. Law and Econ in one semester yikes. I'm with you. My law unit this sem is a pass/fail class, except in order to pass I've got to get 100% on each quiz LOL please. What do they wan't from me hahahah We'll make it through! Is that Raven Boys I spy with a 4 star?? KEEP GOING I WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue and continue the series.
      And hell yes! Let's make law our bitch!

      Delete
  3. I've come to the con clusion that the filmmakers decided that the movie was going to flop so they were like "okay, let's just make the soundtrack amazing" and it is. I LOVE Earned It <3 [Just not the video...]

    I'm glad you enjoyed Cress. The Lunar Chronicles are one of my fave series.

    And AWWW don't let blogging pile to your stress. I know that school always comes first <3

    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the video of Earned It yet... *watches video* Okay that was... something. I didn't like it very much either. Very women-unfriendly imo. Is the movie actually a flop? I haven't really been keeping up lately haha.

      Blogging is probably the only thing right now that's not causing me any stress and I hope that I can keep it that way!

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM