February 1, 2015

January 2015 Wrap up


Personal

I'm back from a loooong hiatus

A month and a half is a long time. Unfortunately I couldn't keep myself from planning all sorts of things I needed to do for Potterhead Reviews (which was allowed) and that I was typing new ideas for new posts when I had a minute (which wasn't allowed). Soooo... I cheated a bit.

oh-well-percy-jackson

Struggles with e-mail accounts, phishing emails and ARGH!

I've had it with Outlook.com for reals. First they start asking me to replace my security info every month, which might be with the best of intentions but I don't understand how it's done. I mean it's not like I receive my security info so where's it going?! Then I start getting weird phishing e-mails which I opened on my phone because it doesn't show the sender's e-mail address (not Outlook's fault though). Result is me changing my Apple password. Then I realise that my mail account might also be in danger so I go to look to change the password and I get the message that "the process of replacing my security info was started, was this me", when I say 'no' I can't do anything about it because Outlook wants to send an e-mail to an e-mail address that's supposedly mine but isn't. When I say 'yes this was me' Microsoft threatens to disable my account if I do not get the security info or security code. I managed to find a way to fix this but that probably won't keep Outlook from asking to replace my security info every month (edit: security info replacement is still a thing). This has giving me a crap load of stress that I really could miss when I'm in the middle of finals. I lost some precious time trying to figure this all out.

School and other things I do not enjoy

The insecurity I feel during those weeks I have finals and the weeks before they even start is becoming a serious issue. You see, there's a group on Facebook with all the students from my class in it, which is great if you have answers or need advice about something but more often than not it's the source for frustration, anger and stress. When I see somebody is doing *this* I automatically ask myself: "should I be doing that too"? Like when someone says they're reading a chapter from a book for whatever reason or studying a certain part of a lecture I feel like I should be doing that too while they most likely have a completely different studying schedule than I do. It's also frustrating when you check Facebook one last time before going bed just in case someone mentions something important and instead you just see people talking about things that you've never even heard of. I learned my lesson: don't check Facebook too much and check the studentplatform instead.

Books I read


Songs of the Earth - Elspeth Cooper photo 7171637_zpscea16959.jpg photo 10025305_zps756a6094.jpg photo 20821149_zpselw8ynpz.jpg photo 18335634_zps456daffe.jpg

Songs of the Earth - Elspeth Cooper | 3.5 stars
Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare | ALL OF THE STARS | reread
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare | same | reread
Gathering Darkness - Morgan Rhodes | 4 stars
Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare | LOVE | reread

Challenges

Fairytale reading challenge

Progress
Read: 0/5-9 (0%)

Rereading challenge

Progress
Read: 3/7 (42%)

TV // movies // music

The Musketeers is back which makes me super happy. Other good news is that Orphan Black is back April 18.
• I read there will be at least two more seasons of Pretty Little Liars. How long are we supposed to be waiting before we know everything? Man, they're stretching the story out way too much in my opinion. Same with The Vampire Diaries btw, but at least PLL still has a purpose, a goal to reach. I like to watch both shows but enough is enough.
• I made a playlist with a few of my favorite soundtracks (all with lyrics - no instrumental):


Blogposts you should check out

• Alexa @ Alexa Loves Book announces this years edition of the Book Blogger's Love-a-thon.
• Dana @ I Can Build A Blog shared an HTML cheat sheet for beginners
• Jos├ęphine @ Word Revel talked about the cleanliness of library books

Quotes from books I (re)discovered this month

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince
“If no one cares for you at all, do you even really exist?” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

How was your January?

2 comments:

  1. YES, I'm so happy with The musketeers. I binge-watched the first season and you never know if they make a sequel, but luckily they did. Don't try to stress out too much because what other people do. As long as you know what you are doing is the right away, that's enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't the second season been SO good so far?! And I know I need to trust myself when it comes to my own scheduling etc. In the end I kept to my own plan and made it just fine! :D

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM