February 5, 2015

December & January Book haul

Gather 'round, I've got a book haul for you. I'll be sharing the books I got for Christmas and what I found on my two shopping sprees. I feel like I haven't done a book haul in a while (not that it's a mandatory thing to put a book haul every other week) but it's also been a while since I got so many new physical books. And some beautiful ones at that!


For Christmas:
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 3 & 4 (NL)

A lot of these were in my 'Books I wouldn't mind Santa bringing me' blog post from back in December. Soon after I made that list I placed an order and waited 'till Christmas to open the package. The Game of Thrones book was a surprise though but I'm really happy with it as there is some interesting stuff in there! I didn't know there was a book like this for the first two seasons? Anyway, most of these are hardcover editions and they are stunning. I got The Assassin's Blade in paperback because I own the other three books in paperback as well.

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan (NL)
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (NL)
Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
The World of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, Elio M. Garcia Jr. & Linda Antonsson 

I'm trying to complete all the series I own in Dutch so there are still a few Dutch editions in this book haul. I recently found out that there won't be a Dutch translation for Cress so I'm gonna have to just continue in ebooks. Otherwise I'll probably end up with books that don't match...

But let's talk about the gem of this book haul: The World of Ice and Fire. Never in my life have I seen such a beauty. I mean the artwork in this is phenomenal and the amount of information on the world Martin created all those years ago is extensive. You think you knew a lot by just reading the books but after just skimming through this I learned so much more. It's an amazing addition to the series.

I'm super excited to read these books and start new series. I have already read a few of the books in this haul since I've had a lot of these for a while now. Another book buying spree is not in the cards. At least not for the upcoming months. I still have lots of unread books on my shelves and unread ebooks waiting for me to pick them up.

Let me know if you've bought any exciting books lately!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't buy many books in January, but I did get the new Ms. Marvel comic which I really enjoyed. Also, The Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite books of last year. Great pick!
    Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Kiss of deception as well but I still have to read it and I absolutely want to! *-*

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM