February 21, 2015

Book Blogger Love-a-thon | questionnaire

2015-book-blogger-love-a-thon

It's finally that time of the year: it's time for the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon! If you have no clue what the hell I am talking about, read the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon announcement post at Alexa Love Books for all the details. Basically, I'm going to be spreading the love all weekend on my blog, your blog(s) and on Twitter. But first, I'll answer a few questions so you might get to know me better.

What’s your name?

My name is Kaylie. I used to hate this name when I was little because it wasn't a common name and I thought that made it an 'uncool' name. Now I'm grateful I was named Kaylie especially because it's pretty uncommon (at least where I live though). My parents were inspired by the song by Marillion called 'Kayleigh'. They just changed the spelling.


What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I do Top Ten Tuesdays sometimes, discussions, book hauls, wrap ups and every month I highlight the upcoming book releases I am most excited for. I don't partake in too many memes because that gets confusing after a while and I feel like so many people are already participating in a lot of memes that it's just not fun for a reader to see that everyone's doing the same thing on the same day every week.
I'd also like to mention that I might post something not book-related every once in a while.

Best blogging experience so far?

In all honesty: this love-a-thon. I participated last year as well, for the first time and I enjoyed it so so so SO much. I met loads of people, found tons of new blogs to follow and learned a lot through other bloggers. I should be more social and talk to you all more because y'all are amazeballs.

Favorite thing about the blogging community?

Everybody is so... open. And friendly. And welcoming. I feel like this community actually talks to one another and actually form a group instead of just existing next to each other.

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas
The Heart of Betrayal - Mary E. Pearson
Queen of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas
Winter - Marissa Meyer
A Darker Shade of Magic - V. E. Schwab

A Darker Shade of MagicA Court of Thorns and RosesThe Heart of Betrayal

What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

The thing is: I don't read underrated books all that often because I'm still doing 'the catch-up game'. I have been reading the popular series and a lot of those are now completed or in the process of being completed. I haven't really been looking for books besides the ones that pop up often on bookblogs. I'm definitely interested what your answers to this question will be.


Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

Probably Tessa Gray because she likes to read and that girl seems to remember every passage from every book she's ever read. She's also quite different from me personality-wise so that could either work out really well or be disastrous. 

I can't forget about Cath though! Cath is probably the only character (so far) that I identify myself with on a lot of levels. I think that we'd get along pretty well.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

I'm a girly girl. I like shoes and bags and clothes and makeup and I love to shop for that. Weirdly enough, I also like to go food shopping. But that's only because then I can pick all the cookies I want.

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

I answered this question last year but it has changed quite a bit since then. Now I'd say that anything by Beyonce would be 'my song' although I'm not the kind of person to have only one song. I don't know but over the last year I have really started to like her as an artist and as a person.

Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

I would really love it if The Infernal Devices were turned into a film or TV show. Preferably a TV show as that would make it easier to include everything from the books. The only thing that I'm afraid of is that the casting will be off. I mean, Will Herondale has to be right. And not someone that looks a bit like him from afar. No it has to be him. I don't care that much about the others, as long as Will is right. I'd probably geek out over this like I haven't ever done before. I'd be watching it like:


Unless they fuck it up like the City of Bones adaptation. Than all my hopes and dreams of seeing TID come to life will be shattered.

You might've noticed I left some questions out and that's because I answered them last year already and the answers haven't changed since then. You can read that interview/questionnaire if you are interested in my answers.

If you are participating this year's Book Blogger Love-A-Thon as well, let me know so I can check out your posts this weekend. I don't know how active I'll be since I have homework to do and people over on Sunday but I'll try my best!


36 comments:

  1. We have basically the exact same list of most anticipated reads! Only 3 more days until ADSOM and I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT! Welcome back to the LoveAThon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome haha! I can't wait either to finally read it :D

      Delete
  2. Ah yes ADSOM is SO good!!! And I totally agree with you re: Infernal Devices. City of Bones was the biggest disappointment ever and I don't think I could handle that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do a much much MUCH better job with the TV show!

      Delete
  3. Everyone has so much love for Sarah Maas, I feel like I am REALLY missing out!

    Ah, The Infernal Devices! But what are the odds they wouldn't eff it up!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing! You should read one of her books, you won't regret it! :D

      Delete
  4. You are so sweet for mentioning the Love-a-Thon in your post! I'm so glad you decided to join in on the fun again this year. Also, I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses - it's another amazing novel by Sarah J. Maas! Can't wait for you to read it.

    Thank you for joining this year's Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY everyone's loving A Court of Thorns and Roses! I think anything Sarah J. Maas writes is a masterpiece so I'm positive her new series will be just that.

      Delete
  5. Food shopping is quite amazing - although it can be very detrimental, haha!

    Can't wait to see your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the Infernal Devices! I heard they are remaking Mortal Instruments into a TV show, which seems like it will be a better medium for this MASSIVE series. I have my fingers crossed that TID will soon follow! But you are so right. If they mess up Will and Tessa... death. There will be death in hollywood.

    And I loooooved A Court of Thorns and Roses. Well, I'm in love with everything Sarah writes.

    It was nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes to Winter and A Darker Shade of Magic!

    Anything Beyonce sings is amazing, would definitely be hard to choose just one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES to A Darker Shade of Magic. And YES YES YES to an Infernal Devices movie! PRAISE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyonce is QUEEN!! I love her and her music. So brilliant. And I completely agree with your 2015 release picks! So many great books coming out!! I want them allllll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would so love to see The Infernal Devices on TV! Have you heard - The Mortal Instruments TV series will be known as Shadowhunters? Awesome! I didn't really like the movie too :( Hopefully, the TV series will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it would get that title but I feel like it's the right one!

      Delete
  11. I can't wait for A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Different Shade of Magic! Both sound absolutely amazing! I love shopping for food too, and of course cookies are extremely important ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, we can't forget Cath! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOLY CRAP CAN I JUST SAY THAT I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO MUCH. LIKE ACTUALLY.

    Winter is definitely on my list of anticipated! I'm also excited to finally read something by SJM. Everyone raves about her writing and I want to get into it too!!!

    I actually have a love/hate with Cassandra Clare but I will admit, TID as a series would be BAD ASS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hated my name when I was young too. I would actually throw tantrums about it & ask my parents why they didn't name me Colleen(which was what my mom originally wanted, as a way to name me after my dad, whose name is Collin). I appreciate my name now though.

    I'm so excited for A Darker Shade of Magic too. We're so close to the release!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the name Kaylie! And the spelling is awesome. I hated my nickname- my family called me Jessie and I really despised it. I love this community so much. It has definitely been just what I needed these last couple of years! I'm with you on turning books into shows/movies. If the casting isn't perfect, it will ruin everything. I really hated JCB as Jace in CoB. He did not fit at all, IMO. I think we're all so excited for QoS! It makes me happy to see so many Sarah J. Maas fangirls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jamie's looks were right for his character but the way Jace was portrayed just wasn't right... :(

      Delete
  16. Omg that list of anticipated books. Yess to all of those!!

    If they did TID they would definitely have to get the casting right. They need to do a much better job than they did with CoB. Because that was just terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can not believe I forgot about The Infernal Devices series. That would make an amazing TV show for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually feel like I'm playing catch up with the rest of the blogosphere too. Sometimes I'll read a book that doesn't get much attention to the slice of book blogs I follow. Though, these are usually non-fiction books, so of course YA book bloggers aren't writing about those ones (or at least, they don't write about them very often).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses! I haven't read Throne of Glass (which I really need to do...) but this book seems so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, I love your blog name. It's pretty awesome. I agree about this community. It's so open and friendly. It truly feels like how a community should feel like. I'm so excited for ACOTAR and ADSAM too. The both look amazing!! I'm also a tad bit excited for The Heart of Betrayal . . . even though I haven't read The Kiss of Deception yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kaylie, I love your name! :D I've never met anybody called Kaylie before and I love it.

    I'm also still playing the catch-up game, but I'm playing it veryyyy slowly because I like reading underrated books a lot! I seek out diverse titles and I read a lot of LGBTQ books so I tend to read a lot of 'obscure' YA books. But I am playing the catch-up game at the same time, so it's taking me absolutely forever to get round to reading all these apparently amazing authors like Sarah J. Maas and Marissa Meyer and so on. I really need to read The Kiss of Deception as well.

    CATH FROM FANGIRL?? I LOVE CATH SO MUCH OMG. I totally relate to her as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this community too! Wee!

    Also that Adventure Time gif is perfection.

    oxo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kaylie! I'm also excited to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, but I still haven't finished all of the Throne of Glass books. Have a great evening! #Loveathon

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am as excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses as you are, Kaylie!!! Loved all of your answers! Also, your name is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kaylie!It's such a beautiful name and I have the same problem as you!I have a love hate relationship with mine.
    It's so cool that you are from Belgium.You are the first person I know from your country!
    I hope I'll get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think it's great when people have uncommon names :D The blogging community is definitely an amazing place to be. ACOTAR is fantastic, I can't wait for it to be published and I must get my hand son A darker shade of magic once it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hiiii Kaylie! I'm a HUGE Potterhead too!!

    I love this community too. It's my favorite part of blogging. (Mostly) everyone is just so wonderful! HEART OF BETRAYAL!!! I'm dying to read that book. And omg The Infernal Devices would make the best TV show. Though, everything would have to be PERFECT. The casting, the acting, the setting. And let's be honest, City of Bones was NOT a great adaptation, so I'd be really afraid that they would screw everything up.

    It was nice getting to know you! And thanks for stopping by The Fox's Hideaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kaylie, nice to meet you!!! :D

    Ps. I have a blog as well, if you want to check it out! :D
    -> http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM