It's very much Fall and I've been snuggling under blankets, drinking tea (yes, I have become that tea-lover that I never thought I would be) and turning on my fairy lights. I've also been busy doing schoolwork, meaning I've been studying like a good girl and have been typing lots of papers and other kinds of homework. After years of having to write reports and what not, I'm still super bad at it!
It's been quiet around here during October which I'm a bit sad about. I feel like a slacker when I can't manage to put something on here. I started thinking about all of my 'end-of-the-year' blog posts and wrote down what I want to do. I'm getting overly excited to start typing them and stuff but I seriously need to calm down. It's way too early still!
Reading-wise this month wasn't as good as the previous ones but I'm still very proud of myself. It's only because in the second half of the month I fell into a reading-slump. I mean, I can't even get myself to read The Order of the Phoenix so that means this is serious.
The three books I read were all off my Fall TBR so I'm happy I can scratch those off the list!
Books read this month• Spirit Bound - Richelle Mead | 4 stars
• Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead | 4.5 stars
• The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness | 4.5 stars
TV // movies // music• Shows that are back & that I am watching: Reign, The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, The 100
• New shows that I'm watching: The Flash, which is awesome! I haven't seen Grant Gustin's acting aside from his tiny role in Glee where he is an absolute prick.
• The season finale of Witches of East End aired in the beginning of the month. I have to say this finale was better than the first one. A lot happened in this last episode and there was a ton of build-up for the next season. I'm certainly anxious for the third season to start!
• I watched Vampire Academy again because I think it's brilliant. Actually, it's pretty ridiculous but it's a great movie to just sit back and watch without having to think about anything besides "that was a cheesy line". I'm actually sad that there won't be a sequel because I really like Zoey Deutch as Rose and Danila Kozlovksky as Dimitri... :( By the way, I didn't know Zoey is Lea Thompson's daughter! WHAT!
• I saw The Maze Runner in the cinema this month with friends. I haven't read the trilogy so the movie was a complete surprise. It also means I can't compare the book and the movie and so I also can't say whether it's a good adaptation or not. I enjoyed it very much and will definitely see the adaptation of The Scorch Trials (if it's being made).
• October was the month of all the movies because I ALSO saw The Fault in Our Stars. Finally. It was beautiful. One of the better book-to-movie-adaptations in my opinion.
• We got some interesting news regarding The Mortal Instruments this month. Constantin Film will be turning the series into a TV show! Now I was very excited about the City of Bones movie and thought the cast was brilliant etc. but the movie itself wasn't exactly what I had hoped for. It wasn't as bad as the Percy Jackson adaptations but I had a feeling it was going in that direction. I hope that this TV series will stay closer to the books (obviously) and don't add ridiculous things like Bach being a shadowhunter and all that. I thought the cast for the movie was very well picked (allthough they were a little too old for the roles) and I will have to adjust to a new cast. Hopefully they do a good job at casting.