November 26, 2014

MINI REVIEWS | October 2014

Today's the day I bring you my mini reviews for the month of October! Since I don't always have a whole lot to say about a book, I figured it'd be easier to throw all the short reviews into one big post.



 photo 6479259_zps970f5f13.jpgSpirit Bound - Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #5)
                           
I couldn't get quite get into this book for some reason. It took me a very long time to read it and that's because I wasn't hooked from the beginning. I usually am with this series but this one... not so much. I'm not entirely sure if it's because of the pacing of the book or because I simply didn't feel like reading a book. Anyway. After a while I started to get into the book and I got excited and pumped again. The event(s) near the end of the book turned everything upside down and made me anxious to read Last Sacrifice.





 photo 6527740_zpse17585c2.jpgLast Sacrifice - Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #6)

I couldn't bring myself to rate it 5 stars but 4,5 is pretty darn close! Well, not all my theories were confirmed... which made reading this book a true adventure. I was glad that there were some interesting plot twists and this series had a happy ending overall. Looking back at the first book, this story has gotten bigger and bigger. The characters have changed a lot. They grew up and took responsibility. The ending left a lot of story lines open which I know is something not everyone appreciates but I think it just leaves enough room for the imagination. I think I even saw somewhat of a 'build-up' to the Bloodlines series but that could also have been my imagination. I wasn't exactly stable after finishing this book. Man, another series I've finished! I kind of don't want it to end but at the same time I'm glad it's over. I hate feeling like this... On the other hand, the Vampire Academy series is definitely a series I would reread over an over. Now I just have to acquire the physical copies.



 photo 6043849_zpsc04a79f5.jpgThe Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness (Chaos Walking #2)

In the beginning I was afraid the pace of this book would be much slower than in the first book. The reason why I thought this would be the case was because Todd and Viola weren't together. I realize that is not a valid reason but I just want those two to have adventures together and I was bummed they got separated! Anyway. What I like about this series is that it's all just so messed up. Everyone and everything. I love the way it's written and how interesting the story is. I hate hate hate the Mayor. I don't think I've ever hated a villain as much as I hate the Mayor (besides Voldemort maybe).



Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM