October 1, 2014

September 2014 Wrap up


September was a very diverse month. The first week of September I still had to work. After that I had a week and a half to myself and then school started again. Lots of change this month. But change is good. Right?

I was really sad to leave work though. I was there for 6 glorious months and I had so much fun there! The week after I was really uncomfortable and out of my routine. I miss it a lot and I miss all of my co-workers. It was a wonderful time and I learned and grew a lot. I'd do it all over again in an instant.

Unfortunately I got ill in the second week of this month. It was literally the perfect moment to get a cold... not. Didn't stop me from shopping though. A few weeks later I was sneezing and coughing again. This weather is absolutely crazy and impossible to keep up with. You either dress too warm or too cold. There's no in between. That's basically the only reason why I want it to be winter already.

Blogging and reading-wise: I did a lot of both in the beginning of the month. I managed to schedule a bunch of posts and do some stuff 'behind the scenes'. Then it went downhill when I started school again. I need to figure out how I can study, do homework, read and watch TV shows in such a manner that I don't get behind on either.

Books read

The Well of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson | 5 stars | review
Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins | 3.5 stars | review
Fire & Flood - Victoria Scott | 4 stars
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas | 5 stars
The Iron Trial - Holly Black & Cassandra Clare | 4 stars

Books I got

Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins
Fire and Flood - Victoria Scott
The Iron Trial - Cassandra Clare & Holly Black
The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas


TV// movies// music

• Saw the first episode of Black Sails and didn't think it was anything spectacular.
• Started watching Witches of East End. It's not the best show out there especially with the special effects (although it has gotten much better since the first season) but I enjoy it very much! If you like witches then definitely check it out!
• Shows that are back: Once Upon a Time and Revenge.
Mockingjay Part 1 trailer!

Around the blogosphere

• Holly @ Novel Bliss talked about how to find your review voice
• Sydney @ Utterly Bookish wrote a discussion about having to defend YA and why she's tired of doing so. A very interesting discussion and something I completely agree on. YA is bashed all the freaking time and that annoys me too because that's the genre I enjoy reading. People should just be happy that I actually read at all because most of my peers run away at the first sight of a book.
• I started following AEROPAPERS // The Enchanted Bladesmith // Feed Me Books Now // Books for a Delicate Eternity // My Reading Dress // The Rabbit Hole

8 comments:

  1. I hate the weather at the moment. I love summer, but it would be better if it just stayed cold right now. It's annoying to switch up between clothes and jackets all the time. Finding a balance is sometimes so hard. HEIR OF FIRE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's going to get colder soon now... so I can dress appropriately.

      Delete
  2. I hope your all better now. Sickness is just a terrible time. All I want to do is laze around and sleep xD I may pick up Witches of East End because I'm in dire need of a witch show. I think the last one I watched was The Secret Circle and that didn't end all to well. I'm hoping that you have a good October (yay! Halloween) and that you have a happy time reading! <3 x

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had another relapse of this freaking cold!
      The Secret Circle was an interesting show, I watched the first few episodes, then didn't feel the need to catch up since it wasn't renewed...

      Delete
  3. At least those six months were good ones and you didn't feel that you wasted your time. That's the worst feeling to get.

    I have been struggling to get a good rhythm between school, blogging, reading, and life in general. It is hard to find a balance between so many things!

    The Well of Ascension!! I love the Mistborn trilogy, it is one of my all time favorite series I have ever read!

    Happy October Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a hard time for me too. But now I'm starting to get a balance on everything. I read before bed and during study-breaks. Blogging is for when I have a little time to myself it just depends on when that is.

      Delete
  4. Gah, I love fall because it's just starting to get cold but I so don't like the part that comes with a cold and not knowing what to wear.

    Revenge is back, yay! I really liked the season premiere and I'm so, so intrigued by all things Victoria and the very last scene.

    Heir of Fire! I'm currently a little over 200 pages into it and I just feel so overwhelmed by everything that's happening in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that this season's going to be about Victoria's revenge. Curious to see how that's going to turn out.

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM