September 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#13): Books that were hard for me to read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin
The writing style is very detailed and the chapters are always very long. This is what makes it hard for me to get through these books. Martin's writing is fantastic but I wished the chapters were shorter.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Being used to reading action-packed, adventurous or fast-paced books, reading a classic like this was damn hard. I'm also very sad to say that I barely remember anything of the story. Of course I can remember the major plot line but that's mostly thanks to the movie. I finished the book and I was very proud of myself but it didn't encourage me to read more classics.

The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith
I read this series when I was younger and that might be the reason that I couldn't understand what was happening in these books. I read it in English, which was something completely new and challenging to me then. Even now I sometimes struggle with reading in English but I have gotten much better and I can understand what I'm reading now.

Fallen series by Lauren Kate
The main characters annoyed me so much in this series that I had a hard time reading it. I didn't even finish the last book. Luce was such a naive and dependant lead that needed to be saved all the time. I wanted to strangle her 98% of the time.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Another book I didn't finish. This book's pace was just way too fast. You jump from one scene to another with barely any information and it's not enjoyable to read a book that way. The story in general isn't appealing either.

For once I'm glad I didn't get to ten books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM