September 5, 2014

The September Post

When I think of September I think of getting up early in the morning, buying school books and trying to find a new school bag. In September, summer's over for me. Even though I don't go back to school till half-way through September, it doesn't feel like a 'holiday' anymore. It feels like I'm just waiting for the school-year to start (even if I don't want it to).

This also means that I'll be reading less books than I do during the summer. Because a) I'll have less time to do so and b) I find myself not wanting to read often during the school-year. I'm sure there's some psychological reason for that (which I am not in the know of). The season for summery contemporaries is also over. Which I don't seem to mind too much. I think I might've overdone it this summer.


To help me cope with the fact that summer's over and fall's here. I made a list of the pro's and con's of the month of September and the new season.

PRO'S

• While some of my favorite summer shows might be coming to an end, new seasons of most TV shows are in sight. It's not that I don't like what's on TV in summer, it's just that there's not enough. During the school year I have about 6 or 7 episodes to watch every week. In summer ... more like 2.
• Having an actual reason so buy tons of school supplies. I just love buying those kinds of things.
• Fall is around the corner and that means I'll be taking out the blankets and the candles. YAY
• It'll be Christmas before I know it.

CONS

• When September arrives, it means I'm going back to school soon. And who likes school?!
• Goodbye summer days! I LOVE summer and love wearing my summer clothes. Probably because you wear less and you can move more easily. Or is this just me? I feel like I wear a million layers in winter.
• Reading less books during the school-year. :(
• The days are getting shorter and getting up when it's still dark outside is not fun. At all. #winterblues

UPCOMING POSTS | SEPTEMBER THEMED

• Gap year & going back to school
• Books set in school that you need to read
• TTT: Fall TBR
Now what I'm the most curious about: do you have similar feelings about the month of September or do you think I need psychological help on this? Cause I know I make a big deal out of the month of September and I feel like I'm the only person. 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE summer clothes. I hate big sweaters, vests and layers, ugh. I can't stand cold and reading in the sun is one of my favorite things to do. The only thing I do like is the series; hello Once upon a time <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Once Upon A Time is back at the end of September!

      Delete
  2. I'm a little attached to winter, and seeing as I'm from the other side of the world to you, September means letting go of winter. I dread it. I'm not ready to say au revoir to bundles of duvet, pungent candles and thick jumpers. But it must be done. I can't wait for this round of tv shows--I'll keep me busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually like to experience how it feels to have summer in december and winter in july. It must feel weird because everything would be backwards.

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM