August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#11): Books I'm not sure I want to read


In this week's TTT I'm talking about the books I'm not sure I want to read. I could go on and on and give you a super long list of all the books I considered reading once or twice because other bloggers or vloggers keep recommending so many books and I want to read them all! If you have read any of the ones I mention below, let me know what you think and if you think I would like it or not.

 photo 9329354_zps9cfab5ab.jpg photo 17208924_zpsb26b638d.jpg photo 12813630_zps8146b424.jpg photo 8100267_zpsdf38fac7.jpg photo 7373274_zps573fda91.jpg

• The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
• Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green and David Levithan
• The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black
• Pathfinder - Orson Scott Card
• Poison - Sara Poole

I have a pretty legit reason to not be sure about Pathfinder. I recently found out that Orson Scott Card is a hardcore homophobe. I'm not sure I want to support him and buy his books (well I already bought Pathfinder before I found out about this oops).

 photo 6342491_zps6cbb8cff.jpg photo 6082552_zps5828bfef.jpg photo 16081202_zps9361f52d.jpg photo 10137823_zps2a3f7a36.jpg photo 20601687_zps7894c8e3.jpg

 • The Demon King - Cinda Williams Chima
• The Devil's Queen: A Novel of Catherine de Medici - Jeanne Kalogridis
• Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
• The Rithmatist - Brandon Sanderson
• Even in Paradise - Chelsey Philpot

I started The Demon King a few months ago and couldn't get into it. Can someone please tell me if and when this book picks up? Just like the Rithmatist I've heard positive things but I'm not sure if it's really for me. In this list is another historical fiction I added on a whim plus two contemporaries that I might end up reading someday.

As an extra I wanted to ask you guys if I should continue with the Lux series. I've read Obsidian and Onyx but I'm not sure if I want to read the next books. The series is really addicting but I don't think these books are that good. For those of you who have read the series: is it worth continuing?

Typing up this post made me realise that I put way too many books on my 'to read'-shelf on Goodreads. Most of the times I add books on there just so I wouldn't forget about them later but that doesn't mean I want to read them necessarily. To make a distinction between the books I know I will read sooner of later and the books that are more of a maybe, I made a separate shelf called - you guessed it - maybe to read.

6 comments:

  1. I read Open Road Summer and wasn't blown away, there's a lot of hype surrounding this book. It was good, it just wasn't for me. I'm also not sure about The Rithmatist. I know a lot of Sanderson fans who didn't really enjoy this one. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably end up reading Open Road Summer sooner or later. I just can't stay away from a summery contemporary.

      Delete
  2. Will Grayson Will Grayson is my favourite John Green novel, beating out TFIOS and Looking Alaska. It's laugh out loud funny but also heartbreakingly sad, and the characters are vibrant and memorable. If anything, I'd definitely recommend that - even just a try :) But we both have The Coldest Girl in Coldtown on our list! This is mine if you wanted to take a look! http://www.printedwordsand.com/2014/08/hosted-by-broke-and-bookish-top-ten.html?showComment=1407893553477#c3676156511708622238

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a lot of 'so-and-so' reviews on Will Grayson, Will Grayson that I'm afraid to start it.

      Delete
  3. Gah, I really want to read The Way of Kings even though it's a big book.

    Open Road Summer is the only one I've read and it's a good book. You should think about giving it a chance.

    I really want to read Even in Paradise!

    Gah, I enjoyed Obsidian, got bored with Onyx and hated Opal. I might just read Opposition and Origin since I'm more than halfway done with the series but ugh, I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in Paradise and Open Road Summer sound like promising contemporaries. I think I'll read The Way of Kings once I'm finished with Mistborn.

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM