August 1, 2014

July 2014 Wrap up


What a good month July was! There was gorgeous weather and I read a lot of books! I was able to get a little tan which hasn't happened for a few years now. Other than that, July was pretty laid back. Let me update you on some more personal stuff before we really get into the books.


I tweaked the look of my blog a bit. Initially I was going to change every little detail but since I couldn't make up my mind on the header and a new color-scheme, I just gave up and only changed a few things. So far I'm satisfied with this new look.

In this months' wrap up I talk about the usual stuff but I added some links to blog posts from other bloggers that I thought were worth a mention.

I'm getting close to completing my Goodreads Reading Challenge so I'm going to amp up the game a bit. I set my reading goal at 40 books in the beginning of the year because I didn't know what the year would bring. So far it's going great and I'll have plenty of time to read about 60 books this year. I hope.

I also came to the conclusion that sex-scenes in YA literature are just goddamn awful. I mean it's either over the top or perfect. There's no in between and the latter is quite hard to find.


Anyway, onto the next part.

Books read this month

• The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson | 5 stars | review
• Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo | 4 stars
The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon | 4 stars
Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire | 3 stars
The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han | 4 stars
Changeling - Philippa Gregory | 4 stars
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson | 4 stars

Bookish stats: 40/40 books read (going to amp up the game and challenge myself to read 60 books this year)


Books started this month

• Songs of the Earth - Elspeth Cooper

Books I got this month

• The Well of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson
• The Hero of Ages - Brandon Sanderson
The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han 
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

Click here to see what other books I got this month.

TV & movies

• I caught up on Pretty Little Liars this month.
• I've been a good girl and watched Teen Wolf every week.
• Tried out Finding Carter which is a new show on MTV. I don't know how I feel about it yet. It's basically about a girl that's been abducted when she was three but her abductor was actually a good mom. Now she's back with her biological parents. That all happened in the first episode though so I have no idea how this season will go on.
• I started watching Keeping Up with The Kardashians and it's slowly becoming my guilty pleasure. It's super dramatic and there's always some sort of fight going on. Bruce's face expressions and his reactions are golden and I seriously love him at the moment. I just started the second season but I'm already pretty hooked. 7 more seasons to go and I'm up to date.

Around the blogosphere

Asti @ Oh, the Books! shared some tips for beginning bookstagrammers. I definitely learned something - to be more social on there!
Grace @ Lit Up Review discusses the issue of book hype. I totally agree with what she's saying.

2 comments:

  1. The Final Empire! MISTBORN. Brandon Sanderson!!!

    I'm fine, I'm okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little Tweaks so far :D Congrats on almost completing your GR goal, that is great! And I know what you mean about those sex scenes. It's a complete mess or absolutely heaven; there is no in between..

    Happy reading in August :D

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM