August 25, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 WRAP UP

Here's my wrap up for Bout of Books 11.0. It was the third time I participated in this read-a-thon, last year being the first time ever. Compared to the last two times, I had a lot less time to read but I still did above expectations.

PROGRESS

Since I didn't think there would be much to say, I didn't post daily updates about my reading progress. I wrote down my progress in a few short sentences every day. I also didn't care much about the amount of pages I've read so I didn't keep track of those.

MONDAY

• Read the second half of Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
• Finished my first book (which was Isla)

TUESDAY

• Started The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
• Read about a fourth of the book

WEDNESDAY

• Read a few pages in The Assassin's Curse

THURSDAY

• Read most of The Assassin's Curse (about 50 to 60% of the book)

FRIDAY

• Finished The Assassin's Curse

SATURDAY

• Decided to start The Pirate's Wish even though I didn't really feel like it at first.
• Ended up reading 93% of the book

SUNDAY

• Read the last few pages of The Pirate's Wish

 photo 9627755-2_zps29dc7a31.jpg  photo 13533650_zps9b9891d6.jpg  photo 15714476_zps37e298e8.jpg

THOUGHTS, ETC.

I finished three books that were on my TBR list for a while which I am super happy about! My goal was to finish two books but I was already halfway through Isla and I just wanted to know how this book would end. The Assassin's Curse and The Pirate's Wish were very fast-paced, which I didn't expect since they are high-fantasy and I tend to take a while reading those. I rated all these books 4 stars. All in all it was a pretty successfull read-a-thon and I'm very satisfied with my accomplishments.

P.S.: Bout of Books 12.0 will be from January 5th till the 11th.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your goals. You did a great job during this read-a-thon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay, it's great you reached all your goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! You did fantastically! I just got Isla in the post today, so I can't wait to read it! Also, I really want to get those two books by Cassandra Rose Clarke since the publishing company is going out of business. :( What did you think of the duology?

    Daring Damsels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it sad they're out of business?! I thought they were great fantasy reads. I'd recommend them to people who haven't read fantasy before (and everyone else that just wants to read this).

      Delete
  4. I've really been wanting to get the two books by Cassandra Rose Clarke as well, now that I know multiple people are enjoying them I definitely will have to get them. You did so well congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM