July 8, 2014

The July Haul


This weekend I went to (another) Book Fair. I'm making it a tradition to attend two Book Fairs every year but I'm not really sure if I should keep that up. I end up buying things that I don't really need and I want to spend less money on unnecessary things. Anyway, today I'm sharing what books I found - both fiction and non-fiction.

Fiction

Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper (€6,99 - fantasy)
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (€3,99 - contemporary)
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (€7,50 - fantasy)
Changeling by Philippa Gregory (3,99 - historical fiction)

The YA fiction stand didn't have anything interesting or new but the adult fiction had some interesting stuff. You can find loads of fantasy books on this Book Fair but they are always second or third or even sixth installments in a series. Finding the first book of a series is a serious quest. I managed to find Songs of the Earth (never heard of before) and The Bone Season (also don't know what it's about). It also looks like they are big fans of Philippa Gregory over there because you find every single book she's ever written there. I decided I should give Changeling a chance. Lastly I also got Beautiful Disaster even though I heard some negative things about it. If you have read some of these, let me know and also what you thought of them!

Non-fiction

Churches and Cathedrals by Richard Stemp (€7,99)
The Roman Catholic Church (€5,99)
World History by unknown author (€3,75)

Well, this is my history-loving self. I simply LOVE learning new things about history and this time it seems I'm interested in the church. I'm not religious myself but I am interested in finding out how a religion was founded and what the rituals are etc. Book Fairs are the perfect place to get encyclopedia's and other non-fiction books because they are super cheap! In any regular book store you'd be paying €20 to €30 for one book. I got three for less than €20.


If you are interested to know what other books I've collected recently, check back on my wrap up post(s). Also: if you'd like to see a review on any of these books, let me know! Happy reading everyone.

P.S. : yes, that's a totally fake orchid.

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to comment and let you know that I've been stalking your blog recently and I really love it! Your layout is great and the photography in your posts is AMAZING. So pretty! I'll definitely be stopping by more!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM