April 8, 2014

BOOK HAUL | Book Fair


This weekend I went to the Book Fair (Boekenfestijn) I've been going to for a while now. Last year I went twice: once in April and again in July. It's really fun to spend an afternoon wandering around and finding books with very low prices. I went a little crazy the last time I went and ended up spending €80 on books (I got 18 books for that). This time I tried to pick books that I knew I would read and not just the ones that I had heard of online. Here's my loot:


The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - €3,99
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray - €2,99
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - €3,99
The Nostradamus Prophecy by Theresa Breslin - €6,99
Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card - €4,99
Total amount of money spent: €22,95

For a little over €20 you can get one book (paperback) at a regular book store here in Belgium. I think it's safe to say I got loads of bargains. Two of these books are hardbacks with dust jackets, the other three are paperbacks of which one is a little beaten up. I'm really happy with what I found. It's a lot less than last time I went but I'm actually glad. I know I will read all of these at some point (two I already read but didn't own).

I had a list of books I wanted to find but I found none of them. Usually you can find lots of classics for about €2 so I looked for Richard III and A Midsummer Nigh's Dream, both by Shakespeare. Unfortunately they weren't there. I also looked for books on anything HTML, XML, CSS or JavaScript but there was nothing. Bummer.

So anyway, that's my haul. Let me know if you've read any of these books and if they were good or not.

[Also check out]

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I love Boekenfestijn :D It's so much fun to walk around trying to find cool books for a bargain price. Pathfinder looks good, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so interesting! I wish we did things like this where I live, but we hardly even have actual used bookstores close by, and the ones we do have only have so-so books. You got quite a few books for a good price, though! I love the redesigns of the Harry Potter books. I think a lot of the redesigns are even better than the original covers. :P

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM