March 11, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

I got nominated for a Liebster award by Cassi@My Thoughts…Literally and Ebony@Paperbacks and Protagonists which was a total surprise. I’ve seen some Liebster award stuff going around the blogosphere but never thought I’d get involved, let alone get nominated so thanks Cassi and Ebony!

Rules:
List 11 facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions chosen by the person who nominated you
Create a new list of questions for your nominees
Choose nominees and inform them


I had planned to do a ‘# facts about me’ post for a long time but I always put it off. Is this fate telling me I need to get on with it? Anyway here are some facts:
  1. I never travelled traveled outside of Europe.
  2. I’m not good at making friends. I’m too shy to start talking to people.
  3. I live about 10mins away from the beach, yet I haven’t been to the beach in years.
  4. I’m not a morning person nor am I night owl.
  5. Christmas is my favorite time of the year along with summer time. The holidays make me want to snuggle under blankets and eat lots of food while summer time is just fun because you don’t have to wear a million layers to stay warm.
  6. I don’t like sports.
  7. I’m also not an adventurous person. I like a relaxed and risk-free life.
  8. I hate being late. I always show up way too early.
  9. I don’t do well in big crowds. I get anxious when there’s a lot of people around me. One of the reasons I have never been to a concert. Ever. I want to though…
  10. I’m very stubborn. It’s a bad trait.
  11. I eat a lot of sweets. One day it’s gonna backfire…

Cassi's and Ebony's questions (I took a few of both otherwise this post would get really long!):
Do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie first? (C)
I like to read the book before seeing the movie but it has happened before that I saw the movie first and that it made me want to read the book. Especially with classics. Seeing the movie first encourages me to pick up the book.
What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world? (E)
Get rid of all the tyrants and autocracy around the world.
When it comes to trilogies what book do you usually like the best? Which one do you usually like the least? (C)
I usually enjoy the last one the most but I don’t exactly know why. I think it’s because that’s when everything gets wrapped up and all your questions are answered.
If you could go anywhere in the world and money was not an issue, where would it be and why? (Include a picture!) (E)
The United States definitely. It would be a real road-trip and I would visit every state.
What book did you absolutely hate and why? (C)
The Vampire Diaries: Nightfall. There are so many reasons. Okay here goes: I didn’t get what I was reading most of the time. With the kitsune and all the other weird magical things happening I just could not understand what was happening. The plot gets ridiculous in this one.
Do you read novella's? If not, why? (E)
I read novella’s when they add something to the entire story. The novella’s in the Shatter Me series tell you more about Adam and Warner, especially how they think about Juliette because obviously the love triangle is the biggest past of the series. I feel like these novella’s tell you which one she’s most likely to pick and why she would choose that person.
The novella ‘In Time’ (The Darkest Minds #1.5) is an entirely different POV and actually tells you a different story that’s probably important for the next book in the series.
If you met a book genie who offered you three book wishes, what would they be? (C)
  1. the ability to read faster
  2. being able to buy all of my books with huge discounts
  3. lots of bookshelves

If you could forget one book to be able to experience it all over again, which one would it be and why? (E)
Tough one, I could pick so many! If I really have to pick one I’m gonna go with A Game of Thrones. I had never read any adult high fantasy books before and it truly was an experience like no other! A positive one, because I can’t get enough of these now.
If you were trapped on a deserted island, what desert would your island be made out of? (C)
If I chose a cold desert, there would be snow (obvi) and I would be able to eat that. It would also be hella cold but I think I prefer that to melting away without anything to eat or drink. Yep going with the cold desert.
If you could bring back just one character that has died, which one would it be and why? (E)
Sirius Black because he was the only family Harry had left that actually cared about him. I was so happy when I read the third book only to get my heart ripped out in the fifth.
What is the best place you have ever been on vacation? (C)
South of France. Warm and sunny (most of the time) weather, lots of sightseeing, different culture, swimming pools, … can I go back?
"It was a dark and stormy night" or "once upon a time." Which one do you prefer and why? (E)

Once upon a time… It sounds more promising. You can’t really know what to expect. Does this make sense?


My new questions:
1) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still blogging?
2) What do you do when you’re not reading or on the internet?
3) If you could marry one fictional character, who would it be?
4) Would it be a themed wedding?
5) Is there a smell/food/location/… that reminds you of a certain book?
6) What is your aspiration in life?
7) What book would you recommend to someone who doesn’t like to read?
8) What would you tell someone that’s interested in starting a blog?
9) Book/series you reference the most?
10) Any character traits you are proud of?
11) If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be and why?

Bloggers I nominate:

There aren’t 11 nominees because I don’t follow many blogs with less than 200 followers it seems. Or they have already been nominated. I look forward to reading your answers on my questions. I tried to come up with some unique ones. I saw that Ebony and I have the same question for our nominees haha, what a coincidence! I actually typed this entire blogpost last thursday so I'm not stealing her questions, promise! 

I don’t know much about the Liebster Award thread so I decided to just go with it. Here
There doesn’t seem to be an original website around.



Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Great post Kaylie, congratulations on your nomination from Cassi! I'm so glad I nominated you too. :)
    We're sort of the opposite, you've never left Europe and I've never left Australia but would kill to go anywhere in Europe! You're so lucky to live in such a lucky and diverse continent!
    I have the same problem with making friends...I never know how to start conversations in real life and I always seem so shy and awkward!
    I loved reading your facts and your answers and getting to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love all your answers. I am also neither a morning person or a night owl. I used to live 20 minutes from the beach and would go a few times a year but now that I'm landlocked I miss the ocean! I feel the same way about trilogies most of the time. And Sirius Black is a great answer to that question! It's been so great getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM