February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#9): Reasons I love being a blogger/reader

TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week I will be talking about the ten reasons I love being a blogger/reader.

My blog is completely mine and I can talk about all the things that I love on there. My friends IRL don’t exactly have the same interests as me and it’s really cool to find people that do like the same things you like through your blog!

I love talking to other people I meet through my blog. So far I haven’t made actual friends with anyone but I’m trying very hard to be social with everyone, leave comments, etc.

It also feels very rewarding when someone leaves a comment on your blog post. Even if it is just one and it’s a very short message; I appreciate them very much!

Through memes and tags you’re able to talk about books in a different way and I really like that. Sometimes you learn something new about a book through a meme, isn’t that wonderful?!

Without my blog I probably wouldn’t have learned this much about web design and Photoshop. I still need to learn a lot but compared to what I knew before… I’m very grateful for that.

Through the book blogging community I find new books to read. I don’t think I would have ever found the books I own/read if it weren’t for the countless recommendations you get when reading other book blogs (or watching book related video’s on YouTube).

As a reader you can dive into loads of different lands and live a thousand lives. Reading is so much more than just reading. It’s also experiencing, going on an adventure, falling in love with characters, etc.

So far everyone has been so nice. I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy commenting on other blogs or replying to comments on my blog. Even though you don’t agree with what the other is saying, everyone stays polite. I hope we can keep it that way!

Through reading, you can learn so much. Even reading a book in a foreign language can teach you loads.


Books simply smell divine, that’s a good enough reason. Right?

Those were my reasons, let me know yours! If you have made a TTT today feel free to leave a link to it and I will gladly check it out!

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Yessss, talking with bookish people is my favourite part. I didn't have any real life friends who were into books before I started blogging either. I agree that the community here is amazing and everyone is so friendly. I'm still terrible at Photoshop and design, but I can do HTML which is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning about HTML right now. So far it's very confusing, especially on blogger!

      Delete
  2. I am completely with you on the first point. My friends IRL read but not as often as me and they never want to discuss books. It's great to find people who do. It's so much more fun when you can talk about it more. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM