February 3, 2014

Bookish Survey | Greek Mythology Style

Today I’m doing a bookish survey that was created by Jasmine @ Flip That Page. This one is in Greek Mythology style! I chose to only do the first half of the survey which is about the gods of Olympus and what they represent.

Zeus (Jupiter)
God of the Sky and Thunder / King of the Gods
Favorite book: This is a very hard question. I never like to pick just one book as a favorite simply because I have so many and I would feel bad if I left some out. I’ll tell you my favorite series: Throne of Glass and Harry Potter. My favorite standalone is a tie between Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Poseidon (Neptune)
God of the Seas and Earthquakes
Book that drowned you in feels: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare without a doubt. This book literally made me feel all the feels. I loved it so much!

Hades (Pluto)
God of the Underworld
Favorite book with a dark/ominous plot: I think I’ll go with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer for this one. The first book made me believe that this series would be some sort of horror story because lots of weird, paranormal (?) things are happening.

Hera (Juno)
Goddess of Marriage and Family
Cutest fictional couple: Cath and Levi (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell) are so far the cutest couple I’ve read about.

Athena (Minerva)
Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare
Series with the best world-building: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin because this world is so big yet so detailed. There’s a bunch of different cultures in this world GRRM has created, I don’t understand how he can keep it all apart.

Aphrodite (Venus)
Goddess of Love and Beauty
Most beautiful cover on a 2014 release: This is hard because there are so many books coming out every year with stunning covers and there are still a bunch of 2014 releases that don’t even have a cover yet! So far Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, Infinite by Jodi Meadows and The One by Kiera Cass are the prettiest covers in my opinion. They are all completely different. I love how colorful those two are but also how calm the cover of The One is.

Ares (Mars)
God of War and Bloodshed
Most violent book you’ve ever read: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas though A Storm of Swords is also a good example. When the main character is an assassin there’s bound to be some violence. So naturally there is a lot of killing/bloodshed in Crown of Midnight. Might be a little horrifying to some.

Hephaestus (Vulcan)
God of Blacksmiths and Fire
Scorching hot swoon worthy character: I’m gonna have to pick two for this: Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy series) and Tobias Eaton (Divergent trilogy). I never imagine any male character to be super hot unless it’s described that way. Daemon from the Lux series is an example of that but he’s a freaking alien! It’s not real!

Artemis (Diana)
Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity
Favorite kick-ass heroine: Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass series).
If you want a fierce and kick-ass heroine then Celaena is definitely the winner. The way she fights for what she wants and how she takes revenge of those who’ve done her wrong… Celaena, you go girl.

Phoebus Apollo (Apollo)
God of Light and Healing
Sequel book that redeemed its series: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa.
It’s not a secret: I don’t like The Iron Fey series very much, especially the first two books. The characters got on my nerves, the plotline was similar,… A lot of things bothered me immensely but in the third book the MC finally grew some balls and fought for herself.

Hermes (Mercury)
Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce
Book with the best message: This is a hard question because I usually don’t look for messages in books per se. Harry Potter thought me loads of things though.

Hestia (Vesta)
Goddess of the Heart and Home
Book with the most relatable story: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. We’re all fangirls here and if there is one character that understands how we feel about books it’s Cath.

Demeter (Ceres)
Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture
Favorite bookish setting: Hogwarts. What other place would I want to pick? Hogwarts feels like home and home is my favorite place to be.

Dionysus (Bacchus)
God of Whine and Celebration
2014/2015 release you are most anticipating: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #3).
Do you see a pattern here? I’m quite obsessed with this book series and after reading the end of the second book it’s only natural that I’m craving the sequel.


Definitely check out the original Bookish Survey post over at Flip That Page. That’s it for my answers, you can do this survey as well on your own blog if you’d want. There’s also a second part to this survey about PJO and HOO characters.

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM