February 16, 2014

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon | Mini Challenge #3: Mad Lib


I’m finally participating in a mini challenge! When this post goes up I’ll actually already be in bed so I won’t be able to add a linky to it but whatever.

This is how I did it: I highlighted each prompt so they would stand out – I grabbed pen and paper and only looked at the highlighted prompts – wrote down all my ‘answers’ and replaced the prompts with my answers. I didn’t read the story before I started coming up with all the random words so this will probably be a crazy scenario. Here it goes…

One day, I was drinking with Warner. Out of the blue, a bath came out of nowhere! It was so cold, rough and hard. At first, we were afraid, we were petrified, but we laughed. We hopped on a hover craft to make our getaway.

As we escaped, we turned up the radio because the H2O theme song came on and made me swim. Everything was extremely smooth sailing until a lizard appeared in the middle of the road. We swerved to avoid it, but while Warner stayed on the hover craft, I got thrown onto my side in the woods.

I couldn't get up, and felt nice as I lay there staring up at the trees. What was I going to do? I heard a creepy sound among the leaves, and felt frustrated. Surely, this was going to be my end. As my eyes fluttered shut, the last thing I saw was a head of purple hair and orange eyes.

When I woke up again, I was on a bed. My body hurt a whole lot less, and I could sit up. There was a cupboard and a pond in the room, along with pizza and soda. The door suddenly opened to reveal Will Herondale, a concerned look on his face. I blushed and averted my gaze, but he jogged and said, "Don't be shy. It's okay."

He came over to sit by me, and we started talking after I told him my name. We chatted about collecting buttons, fishing and reading and realized we had a ton in common! I thought he was soft and couldn't help feeling a little swoony.

Just as he reached out for my hand, the door crashed open and in came Chaol Westfall. "Don't let him charm you away, my love!" He yelled, running at Will Herondale. They each had a spoon in their hands and began to fight. "Stop!", I yelled, feeling so cheery. They didn't listen to me. Before I could intervene, Will Herondale fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"What was that?" I asked, staring at the empty space. Chaol Westfall dropped his weapon, and came over to me. "Magic, but you are safe now, Fluffy." He hugged me close, and I suddenly knew that this was the real deal and not just a dream.

Just as ‘Why don’t you love me’ by Beyoncé started playing in my head, I woke up. I cursed my loud luck. Why had it only been just a dream?


A little recap: the H20 theme song made me swim, which is kind of appropriate but not really. That theme song has actually been stuck in head for the last couple of days because it’s on Nickelodeon every time I turn it on. Anyway, I felt cheery about Chaol and Will fighting each other with a spoon… And I took the term ‘pet name’ a little too serious and used an actual name for a pet but it made the story even more hilarious in the end.


I’ll make sure to check out the other Mad Libs as soon as I can. That’s it for now, until next time!

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Damn. You picked some good book boyfriends! And I think collecting buttons is pretty great <3

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaol <3 Purple hair and orange eyes, very interesting combination!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you had me at H2O! I love that show! Love it! I've watched it 3 times, it's so cheesy but so good! Sorry, I seem to be stuck at H2O.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM