February 15, 2014

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon | Interview


This weekend is the book blogger #loveathon and this year's the first time I'm participating. I don't know how I did it but I've never heard of this event before today. I'm glad I signed up & I'm ready to share the love! To start this event off, I've answered a few (pre-made) questions below.

Interview


How did you come up with your blog name?
I’m a Potterhead and I enjoy reviewing things. It’s as simple as that! I had to think about it for a while though because I want to have a name that people can remember and isn’t too long AND represents me and what I’m doing. Potterheadreviews is borderline long though so I failed in that department.

What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?
I read YA fiction most and in that genre my favorite books to read are high fantasy books or anything that has magic involved.

Name the 3 books you're excited for in 2014!
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #3)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #6)
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #3)

Where in the world are you blogging from?
Belgium.

Tell us -- how did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started following some blogs about 5-7 years ago and I wanted to see what the fuzz was all about. Initially I made a beauty-blog but that didn’t last long. I didn’t know what I was doing and so I stopped. 2 years ago I decided to try again and here I am!

Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?
I’m into photography and I could make pictures of literally anything I see. I still need to learn a lot but so far I’m having fun experimenting.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?
The Harry Potter series because I enjoy re-reading those the most (and I expect that’s what I’d be doing all day on a deserted island).

If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?
Warner for sure! ;)

You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?
I’ll go with Breath of Life by Florence + The Machine though I’m not sure they’d play this song in a club… But it’s beautiful!

What 3 movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?

The Legend series by Marie Lu, The Selection by Kiera Cass (we almost got a TV show!) and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan and this time the right way.

Let me know if you are participating. I'm looking forward to finding new blogs to read and to meet new people. Until next time!

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

17 comments:

  1. I love Photography as well :) I'm not great at it, and just learning but it's so fun!

    YAY! Florence + The Machine :) I adore them, and Breath of Life is indeed beautiful!

    I haven't read The Legend series but it is on my list for 2014!

    Loved your answers Kaylie :) I'm so glad I discovered your blog in the love-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Legend series is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
      Thanks for checking my blog out!

      Delete
  2. Yay, another Potterhead (also, love the name of your blog).

    I just recently (last December) started reading fantasy and I cannot get enough.

    Heir of Fire high five!

    Photography is such a fun hobby and so creative, too!

    I plan to start Shatter Me series soon and then I'll know if I prefer Adam or Warner. I need to.

    I just listened to Breath of Life like two days ago and loved it. Florence + The Machine rocks.

    I plan to binge-read Legend series this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get into fantasy, there's no way back! I challenged myself to read more fantasy books this year and so far it's going great. Ahh I want Heir of Fire already.

      Delete
    2. That's true! I was more into paranormal and contemporary but now I just want fantasy. Have you read Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Cycle? I love it as much as I love Throne of Glass series.

      So excited for Heir of Fire!

      Delete
    3. No I haven't but it's on my wishlist on The Book Depository so I hope to get it someday.

      Delete
  3. YAY, POTTERHEADS UNITE! I love that series so much; it's such an important part of my life in general. I'm also really pleased that you are anticipating Heir of Fire, as I absolutely love the Throne of Glass series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter and Throne of Glass are probably my favorite series EVER.

      Delete
  4. I love that we both have blog names that refer to HP :D (high) fantasy books are the best and Heir of fire is also one of my most anticipated books!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I want that book so bad...

      Delete
  5. Love your blog name, it definitely stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen the second Percy Jackson movie, and I enjoyed it. I haven't read the books though, so my guess is they changed quite a bit?

    I completely forgot that Cassandra Clare had another Shadow Hunter book coming out this year! I wasn't too impressed by the cover for once :(

    I would love to learn more about photography. For now, I'm content dabbling with filters on my iPhone! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't compare the Percy Jackson movies with the books at all haha. You should read them, they're very good!

      Yeah I agree on the cover of TMI #6. I expected something spectacular because there was so much talk about it but the actual cover is just aight.

      Delete
  7. This was such a fun interview to read! I am so excited for Sarah's book too. Her books (and her characters) kick butt! Thanks again for joining Alexa and I in this event :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for hosting such an amazing event!

      Delete
  8. I love your blog name, I'm also a potterhead so the name of your blog really made me want to visit your blog. I also am very excited for Heir of Fire, I need more Celaena and Chaol in my life haha. Alike you, photography is a hobby of mine.

    I'm so glad this love-a-thon occurred as it introduced me to some great blogs, yours included :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM