January 3, 2014

Favorite books of 2013


Shatter Me – Tahereh Mafi (★★★★★)
It’s been a year since I’ve read this book and I forgot what I actually thought of it but I do remember that I loved where the story was going and that I was intrigued with the writing style. [review]

City of Lost Souls – Cassandra Clare (★★★★★)
Not exactly Cassandra Clare’s best work but definitely one of my favorites from this year. I remember receiving this book for Christmas and reading it in the beginning of January. The ending is just terrible though, when’s the next one coming out?! 

Prodigy – Marie Lu (★★★★★)
Amazing sequel to Legend. I didn’t exactly like the love situation in this one. I don’t want to spoil it for those of you who haven’t read this book yet. The ending is a huge cliffhanger and now that I think of it I really want to know what happens but I haven’t bought the sequel yet! [review]


Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare (★★★★★)
I was super excited when this book came out and I started reading it shortly after the release date. My god, I enjoyed this book. I thought it was a great ending to an amazing trilogy. I ordered the box set a while after finishing this and now I can admire the pretty covers every time I pass my bookshelf. [review]

Unravel Me – Tahereh Mafi  (★★★★★)
Oh my LAWRD, Warner! Unravel Me is even better than Shatter Me in some ways, I was so into this book, I thought about it 24/7. [review]

The Evolution of Mara Dyer – Michelle Hodkin (★★★★★)
I’ve never read anything like this before and that’s probably why it intrigued me to read it. There’s some sort of horror theme going on in this series that you just can’t make sense of in the first book. It’s so good! [review]


A Storm of Swords – George R.R. Martin (★★★★★)
This is a warning: don’t get attached to ANY of these characters. George likes to kill them off for you. Also: this book has more action in it than the previous ones and that’s why I liked it so much. [review]

Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead (★★★★☆)
So far, I haven’t read many interesting vampire books. In fact, ever since I finished the Twilight Saga I haven’t been able to enjoy a vampire book series at all. Until this one came around. So many awesome characters. [review]


Throne of Glass – Sarah J. Maas (★★★★★)
I haven’t read many high fantasy books that are categorized under Young Adult. This book is just amazing and I really want to read the sequel… [review]

Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell (★★★★★)
I mean I thought all the contemporary books I’ve read this year were cute but this one just got to my fangirl heart. [review]

Allegiant - Veronica Roth (★★★★★)
Fantastic end to the trilogy. Sad it's over though :( [review]

What were your favorite books of 2013?

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM