January 6, 2014

Bookish New Year's Resolutions

I want it

I’m not good with New Year’s resolutions but when it comes to reading I really need to set some goals for myself. I feel like I’ve just read whatever last year and now I want to put some more structure in it. Here are my bookish resolutions for 2014.

Finish series
I have started so many new series over the last two years but I only completed a few of them. I want to change that this year. I don’t want to put a number on it but I want to finish as many as possible. I want to finish the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa this year because I’ve only got one book left. I also want to finish Vampire Academy sometime this year. Of course I still need to finish the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu and the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi.

Read more (high-) fantasy books
I found that I really enjoy reading this genre and so I want to read more of it. Of course I’m still reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin but that’s about the only adult high-fantasy I’ve ever read. Besides that I’ve read YA fantasy (Throne of Glass series and Fire and Thorns trilogy) but it’s not exactly the same. I ordered The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicles) so that’s a start. I’m also eyeing the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

I’ve read a crap load of books last year and some of them I can hardly remember how the story goes. I would like to change that but I don’t really know how. I challenged myself to read only 40 books this year on the Goodreads Reading Challenge. The reason I did this is because I don’t know what’s going to happen this year regarding school. I don’t want to feel tempted to read instead of study. If I find, throughout the year, that I will surpass this goal and I can still up my game and read more, I will change the amount of books on the Challenge. 

Source picture: weheartit.com
Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM