January 5, 2014

2013 Recap

Life
I don’t want to get al nostalgic up in here so I’ll keep it short and simple. In June I graduated High School and I was so relieved to be out of there. It was time for me to do something different in the fall. Especially chemistry, physics, math and PE haven’t been missed. I also got my first job in July and had loads of fun there. I learned a lot during that month and I also changed quite a bit. In September I had some driving lessons and I got my driver’s license. Once you have a license it’s like suddenly you’ve become a real adult… you can drive a damn car now. In the beginning I was a little hesitant about driving on my own but it really isn’t that terrifying.

Later that month I started my first year at university where I would be studying history. My experiences are documented in my ‘uni updates’ and I will link them below. If you are interested to know how that has gone, you should read them. In short: I’m not having fun at all. In October I partly moved out and like I said before I don’t think there is a correct English term for it but we call it ‘op kot’. You basically live on your own during the week and you go home during the weekends (mainly to get your dirty laundry done but also because you miss your mom). It made me a more independent person. I can actually do the dishes quite fast now. At the end of the first semester I made the decision to quit studying history because of multiple reasons.

Uni Update #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6

Blogging etc.
During the year I made several update posts where I talked about how blogging was going and what my plans were. I posted two posts a day for a while but then I got busy and I went back to one. I’ve tried my hardest to have a post up every single day but sometimes something went wrong and there wasn’t any.

The most popular posts on my blog are probably ‘How to dress like a Shadowhunter’ and ‘How to make a seraph blade’ and then especially around Fall time when everyone was looking for a Halloween costume. I’m no pro at dressing up and making costumes etc so I don’t expect people to actually copy what I did but I hope some did get some inspiration.

Book reviews page
Somewhere in the middle of the year I decided to gather all my book reviews in one place on this blog. You can find it on the top of the page or click here. By making this page it should be easier for anyone who’s trying to find a certain book review. I update that page as frequently as possible.

2013 Reading List
I made a list in the beginning of the year of books I would be reading in 2013 but in the end I only read a few books off that list and I ignored the others. I can never stick to plans like that so I won’t be doing this again for the next year. I’ll just read whatever. This is also why I never make a TBR list at the beginning of every new month: I don’t stick to that. This page will be/is already gone.

Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
My goal this year was to read 60 books. When I started university I lost track however. I just didn’t have time to read much anymore and in these 3 months I managed to finish 3 books. When I quit I had time to read again and I got back on track and made the 60 books.

YouTube
In August I started making BookTube videos. I had been watching this kind of videos on YouTube for a while now and because of the read-a-thon I started making videos. So far I carried on and had fun doing them even though it became really hard for me to film them because of the lack of time during the school year.

Future
I don’t know what the future will bring. Neither for myself nor for my blog. I hope I will be able to get to my normal schedule of one post a day but of course I can’t promise anything. Besides that I don’t think much will change. I always want to improve when it comes to my blog. I want to get all my social media links have the same name so I’m easier to find. I also want to make better photos; I want them clear with nice backgrounds. Overall: improving is my main goal for Potterheadreviews.


Hope you all had a fantastic 2013 and may you have an even more fantastic 2014!

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM