December 23, 2013

Things I am grateful for

A few weeks ago it was Thanksgiving and I was going to do the Top Ten Tuesday meme that week but I didn't get around to finishing that blog post on time. I decided to save it for a later date because being thankful/grateful shouldn't be just a one-day-thing. I think we should be grateful everyday for what we have. We also don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe (or at least the majority doens't), I feel like our 'thanksgiving-day' is on Christmas. More or less. Anyway, here's a list of the things I'm grateful for!

Being able to afford a decent education
Education is freaking expensive. Too expensive. In a world like this one, you can’t get anywhere without a diploma and the only way of getting one is to go to university or college or whatever and work your butt off. I’m grateful I can do this, that I can pay for it but that doesn’t mean I think it’s fair towards some less fortunate people. It’s also a crap load of money for what you get: you can’t have a (social) life anymore if you want to be on top of your work.

Family
Having a loving family that’s there to help you out anytime.

Being able to watch my favorite TV shows online
If it weren’t for the internet, I wouldn’t be able to watch all these amazing shows. If you don’t live in the States you’re quite unfortunate when it comes to American shows and where I live it sometimes takes over a year for a show to be played here. The Vampire Diaries is like 1 or 2 seasons behind so… Maybe it’s a little stupid but I really enjoy sitting down and catching up on my favorite shows.

Having a roof over my head
Because not all of the people on this planet are that fortunate…

Graduating from high school
… with an incredibly low score on mathematics. There was a moment when I doubted I would be through because my maths final was a catastrophe. And yes, I didn’t get a very good score but thankfully I got through. Oh my lord.

Getting my driver’s license at the first try
I think I got insanely lucky on that day.

My book collection
Not everyone is able to have a nice collection of books, let’s face it. I'm grateful for mine.

What are you grateful for? Did you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM