September 15, 2013

Super Six Sunday (#6): Book to Movie Adaptations

SuperSixSundayII

Anticipating:
Catching Fire (trailer | trailer reaction #1 | #2)
The movie is coming out this November! I loved The Hunger Games, both book and movie and I really hope Catching Fire will be just as great. The trailer looks pretty good and I’m getting the feeling that the overall theme will be the same and that the movie will stay as close to the book as possible.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (trailer)
Yes, I still need to see this movie adaptation. I’ve said it before: it only comes to theaters October 16th here so I still have to wait a little while longer. I deliberately haven’t watched or read any reviews because I want to see it without prejudice and form my own opinion on it.

Divergent (trailer | trailer reaction)
I’m not that positive about this movie adaptation yet because my gut-feeling is telling me there will be some changes that I won’t like. I really hope I’m wrong because Divergent is one my favorite books ever and I don’t want the movie to ruin it for me.

Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters (trailer | trailer reaction | book review)
I’m very curious about this one because the trailer is quite deceiving if you ask me. As I said in my trailer reaction: I hope this isn’t a comedy/romance type of movie. I want action!


The Fault in Our Stars (book review)
Originally I thought it would be better if they let this book  alone but a few months later the movie got confirmed and John Green was pumped about it. I trust this man’s opinion so I’m okay with the movie now. There isn’t a trailer available yet as they just started filming but as soon as the trailer is out, you’ll hear about it here on phr.

Seen:
The Great Gatsby (trailer | book review)
The movie made me want to read the book and I very much enjoyed it. It’s different and I can see why so many people had to read this as required reading in high school. I didn’t (it was never on any reading list) and therefore I feel like I still don’t understand everything about this book. I didn’t 

Source 1 | 2 (fan made)

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I haven't watched City of Bones yet either, nor have I read the book yet. I do want to see it, but I've already waited so long I'll just catch it at the two dollar theater in a few months. Catching Fire is something that I will see on opening night--I'm that excited for this movie.

    Great movie and book picks!

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Great Gatsby in book form and I am DYING to see it. I just hope it lives up to its written form, although I suspect from the previews it will be very different. My Super Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it to be very close to the book. It does have the modern twist to it with the soundtrack but you still get the twenties vibe.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for The Great Gatsby and Vampire Academy the most!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM