September 7, 2013

MOVIE DISCUSSION | Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters


After finally seeing the Sea of Monsters movie (I know I’m kinda late but I have an airtight excuse) I cannot help but want to rant about this piece of... crap. So unless you totally hate this movie adaptation like me, keep reading! Otherwise: get out. Now. You’ll regret reading this. Oh and if you don't like reading: here are a few videos you can watch instead:




As I explain in my video(s), this movie is a book to movie adaptation but it doesn’t deserve that title as it didn’t adapt anything from the book apart from the general idea and concept. Just like in The Lightning Thief there is no sign of the original plotline, the awesome characters, the settings, etc etc etc. I might even say this movie is even worse than The Lightning Thief, can you believe that?!

The book and the movie have a completely different story, it just has the same characters in it – I mean selection of the characters. Because there still are a few important characters left out but I guess since they didn’t stuck to the original Sea of Monsters plot, they didn’t even need those other characters. That’s what they thought at least.

There are also some MAJOR mistakes made in this movie that any person who has read these amazing books cannot look past. Like the nectar, Mr. D drinking water, Annabeths missing knife (I mean if she only held it, it would have been a little more okay - but still not entirely though) and so on and so forth. These are just those little things that could have been done properly. I don’t even see the point in making nectar a common drink… WHY?! Come! On!

I could talk about this catastrophe for a long time but I’ll just bore you to death. I think us readers, who know the real Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, Clarisse, everyone in these books ever, feel betrayed, let down, frustrated, angry, aggressive and some more adjectives I can’t come up with right now. I don’t know if there will be ANOTHER movie after this one but I’m pretty sure I won’t watch it. I’ve been disappointed twice now and a third time would just be too freaking much. Maybe the directors will finally see the light and stop what they’re doing because I think the whole internet has made it pretty clear that it does not like the movie at all. If it were up to me, I’d make an animated show out of it with each book made into a season so there’s plenty of time to adapt the ENTIRE book with ALL its details and awesomeness. I mean, I’ve always seen the characters like what they look like here anyway:

sooo, this is my second drawing for ‘Ladies of Literature’ project, which is going to be sold online soon enough:3
Bianca, because I really wanted to draw her.


Leave your thoughts below, I’d love to hear them!

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM