August 25, 2013

Super Six Sunday (#5): Books I've loved this year (so far)

SuperSixSundayII

Already the fifth time I’m doing a Super Six Sunday! Today I’ll share my super 6 books I’ve loved this year so far.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
The best ending to a trilogy I’ve come across so far. I just loved how Cassie made everyone happy in the end. I recommend The Infernal Devices to anyone who’s already read The Mortal Instruments or anyone who’s familiar with the concept of Shadowhunters and Downworlders.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
A vampire series I actually enjoy reading! After Twilight I couldn’t find any other vampire series I enjoyed reading and let me tell you, I tried a few. The first book in the VA series was pretty good and I will definitely continue on with the series. Many people say that it’s get even better in the next books. I’m excited!

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1)This book broke my heart and made me feel all the feels. It’s not that I like being depressed but if a book can have such an effect on you… there’s gotta be something good about it. Unless you are depressed over the fact that it’s a piece of crap but that wasn’t the case here at all.

The Evolution  of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I liked the first book, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, a lot and the second book only got better. I’m still figuring out what the hell is going on in this series. Only at the end of the second book we find out – or we’re left guessing – what Mara is. This is also a creepy series with paranormal aspects. I sometimes get a ‘Paranormal Activity’ vibe from it and I have never even seen those movies.
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) 
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This isn’t one of my favorites but I did enjoy reading it and I will read the next book. I like where this is all going, I liked the world where it all takes place.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
How I shipped Juliette with Warner… and how my hopes all disappeared in the end. If you didn’t start shipping those when reading this book then there is something not right with you. I also loved the character development of Juliette and I’m pumped to see how she will use that confidence in the next book.


I read so many books in such a short period of time that I actually forget about the books I’ve read quite quickly. I can’t always remember how I felt about a book exactly. I tried to my best to choose the ones that I CAN remember.

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Love this list since I see so many of my favorites on it. Storm of Swords was epic@!! And loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Shatter Me! It sounds so awesome but for some reason I never seem to get round to it. I'm glad to see the series keeps getting better though!

    My Super Six Sunday :)

    Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Clockwork Princess as well! Such a great and perfect ending!Shatter Me is still on my tbr list so hopefully one day. I am thinking about rereading Vampire Academy soon but we'll see. Awesome picks! I've heard great things about the other books but have yet to read them.

    My SSS

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really great choices on this list! I have read all of these books except for A Storm of Swords. Unravel Me is one of my top six choices as well.

    I will probably read the whole Vampire Academy series again because I want to be ready for the movie release in February!

    My Super Six Sunday

    Arial @ In Italics

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone audiobook is amazing, and I haven't read the second book yet since I'm afraid that reading it instead of listening to it won't be the same. I just don't have the time to start the Vampire Academy books, but maybe I should since they're finally filming the movie. I still haven't started Shatter Me, so I'm way behind with those too. Not enough time, LOL!

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM