August 26, 2013

READ-A-THON | WRAP UP




It’s already over! I was looking forward to this week from the minute I went on the Bout of Books website to check for news months back. And now it’s over and I’m sad. But you know what? Next year, I’ll be back!

Total amount of books finished: 5
Titles:
Leviathan – Scott Westerfeld
The Darkest Minds – Alexandra Bracken
Daughter of Smoke and Bone – Laini Taylor
The Prince – Kiera Cass
In Time – Alexandra Bracken
Total amount of pages read: 1109

Choice of books
So as you might have noticed I didn’t stick to my original TBR list very well… I read Leviathan, which was on the list, but from then on I kinda just picked whatever book I felt like reading and they definitely weren’t on the list. That doesn’t mean I won’t read them in the future because I will, you can count on it. No, I just didn’t feel like reading the other books that were on the list so I chose other ones. I know myself and I’m not surprised I didn’t stick to the list so I have no regrets. No regrets at all.


Goals
My main goal for this read-a-thon was to read more than I averagely would have which is 1 to 2 books. I think I did quite a good job in achieving that goal considering I have read 5 books this week. That might be a new personal record.

Reading process
I found that I had my good reading days and my bad ones. On Monday I read the most (264
 pages) because I was so excited about the read-a-thon. Then Tuesday came around and I was distracted the entire day by all sorts of things. I read 174 pages that day which isn’t too bad but compared to what I did the day before it made me feel pretty bad. On Wednesday I did a little better with 195 pages. I forced myself to finish the book I was reading and it worked. Thursday was another bad reading day with only 110 pages read. So many distractions… But on Friday I made up to it and read 213 pages and finished my third book. From then on I went with novella’s because during the weekend I wouldn’t have much time to read. On Saturday I read a 64 pages and on Sunday 89 pages.
My total amount of pages read is 1109 which I am super proud of. Really, this read-a-thon was a success. And it was only my first!

Book reviews
Of course I’ll review all of these books and I will post one every week from now. I feel like I gotta spread them out a little bit because I’ve basically shoved these books into your faces this entire week so I’m gonna let it cool down now.

If you also participated in the read-a-thon, let me know how you did and whether or not you won any prizes!

Check out my other (individual) update posts:
MondayTuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

Check Bout of Books for upcoming read-a-thons

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like it was a great week for you! I had a decent week reading-wise, but my real life was so crazy that even though it wasn't necessarily more than I might read any other week, it was nice to have the push this week.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM