August 21, 2013

HAUL | Leidsenhage & Den Haag (The Hague)


A few days ago I went to The Netherlands (Den Haag/The Hague and surrounding cities) for a very short trip of 2 days. I did a lot of shopping at a mall called Leidsenhage and afterward a little more in The Hague. Today I'll share with you what I bought there. It's a variety of things so there's clothing, beauty and some cool gadgets (I don't like that word).

Rimmel ScandalEyes Volume Flash | iPhone case by V&D | Pink heart earbuds from HEMA

Of all the items shown above I will do a separate review on the mascara. The iPhone case and earbuds can be discussed very briefly: the case was on sale for €7 (original price: €14,99) at Vroom & Dreesman which, for those of you who aren't familiar with this store, is a sort of department store that sells (not too) brands for a reasonable price. I'm very pleased with my new case. There is only one thing I would change about it: you can't insert the usb-cable with the case on. As for the earbuds, they were around €9 and look incredibly cute though the quality of the sound could have been better. I don't really mind it, after a while you get used to it.

White Converse All Stars | The Body Shop body mists in Moringa and Shea | Headband

Inspired by some fashion blogs I follow, I decided to get a pair of white low top Converse. This was a real adventure though. They are so popular, they were nowhere available in my size. After three stores, the fourth one suggested to try one size smaller because these run larger. I finally bought them (one size smaller than I usually am but they fit perfectly) at Foot Locker in The Hague for €70. I'm gonna do a separate post on these as well ;)
I got two more of TBS' body mists in the scents Moringa and Shea. Love these scents to death. I recommend TBS body mists to everyone. And last but not least I also got a cute headband, just because.

H&M dress

I kind of took this dress into the fitting rooms for fun but I ended up liking it and so I bought it. Normally I'm a little hesitant with grey because I feel like it looks like a pyjama fast but with this dress I didn't have that feeling. The black stripes are semi-see-through but with a black bandeau or cami underneath it, you're good to go. This dress was €19,99

I also couldn't keep myself from buying books and I ended up with only three. I don't know what it is but the translated YA books just aren't cutting it in my opinion right now. I visited the big Polare store in The Hague which is the new Selexys plus De Slegte so you can also buy second hand books there now. I'm not going to reveal what I got exactly because I'm saving it for an August book haul at the end of the month. I will reveal that it's three different genres and that one is a very popular book that I should have already read but don't.

The hotel we stayed in is called Van der Valk and it's a chain of hotels and restaurants all over The Netherlands and also in neighbouring countries such as Germany and Belgium etc. This one was located in Voorschoten (near Leiden and Den Haag/The Hague). I didn't like this one as much as other VdV's I've been to and I feel like the location is somewhat 'hidden' and attracted more elderly people over young families (but that could have been the time of year).



Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM