July 16, 2013

MOVIE REVIEW | The Great Gatsby


Basic information
Director: Baz Luhrmann
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Toby Maguire, Carry Mulligan, Isla Fisher
Genre: drama, romance

Review
Before I saw the movie I was already head over heels in love with the soundtrack. I know I’m not the only one who’s been listening to it all the time. Sometimes I just spontaneously start humming one of the songs. When I actually saw the movie I recognized the songs immediately – something that rarely happens. Although the music is very 2013 there is something to each of them that makes them sort of twenties and appropriate for this movie. I still don’t understand how they did it but: well done!

Now on to The Great Gatsby itself: I didn’t really know what this was about. My main vision of it was that Gatsby is some sort of rich guy that falls in love with a girl and she with him and they would do anything to be together. Though I’m not entirely wrong, there are some things that are different. I’m not going to spoil the whole thing but the ending is quite surprising (unless you’ve read the book already). Though I can appreciate a happy end I also like it when things go wrong, something bad happens and you feel depressedsad after watching the movie.


This definitely made me want to read the book. I got it soon as I could and I will be reading it soon. I would like to know if they stayed true to the book or not. The summary on the back doesn’t reveal much so again: don’t judge a book by its blurb ;)

Rating: ★★★★☆

Source picture
Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM