July 17, 2013

BOOK REVIEW | The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien


Basic information
Title: The Fellowship of The Ring
Author: J. R. R. Tolkien
Series: The Lord of The Rings #1
Genre: high fantasy
Published by: Harper Collins Publishers in 1999, first published in 1954

The first part of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure THE LORD OF THE RINGS
In a sleepy village in the Shire, a young hobbit is entrusted with an immense task. He must make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ruling Ring of Power - the only thing that prevents the Dark Lord's evil dominion.
Thus begins J.R.R. Tolkien's classic tale, which continues in The Two Towers and The Return of the King.


The amount of details this world has can be overwhelming at times. I’m sure I’ll learn what each and every thing means when I read the other two books. It’s like reading the asoiaf books: after a while you learn who is who and what is where etc. While The Hobbit was pretty simple and easy to understand, the LOTR series has more details and background of Middle Earth. It’s also darker and more depressing. While reading TFOTR you start to feel for the Fellowship and you start to realize that whether they make it or not, nothing will be the same as before. Cities and people will disappear, no one will be as happy as they were before. At least not for a very long time…

The members of the Fellowship are all loveable characters in their own ways. They are all so loyal and dedicated. Sam and Merry are smarter than they look and Legolas and Gimli even manage to become friends – who would have thought that of an elf and a dwarf?! #sarcasm
The only one who I didn’t like as much from the beginning was Boromir. Not because I knew what would happen in the end, it just didn’t feel right.

I will be watching the movie again but now I’ll be able to understand it all better. I also recently remember I got a Frodo figurine in a Kinder Surprise years and years ago. I’m sure it went in the trash because I didn’t know what or who it was. I regret that now…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM