May 9, 2013

Book review: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard


Basic information
Title: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
Series: Pretty Little Liars #1
Published by: Harper Teen in October 2006 (my edition: The House of Books in August 2012)

Review
Plot
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.

Characters
We are all used to the show and how the characters act and look like on there. In the books a lot of things about that are different. They have different hair colors, some of them smoke, etc. I didn’t like Hanna in this book while I do  like her in the show. She is like your typical blonde popular girl while in the show we don’t see that side of her too much. I thought all the characters worked out pretty good, they weren’t shallow.

Writing, story, etc
A lot of what happened in this book had to do with the girls boyfriends and they bf-troubles. We read about Hanna and Sean,  Emily and Ben (and Maya), about Aria and Ezra and how he read through her texts (!). There also the SpencerxWren storyline going on. Wren was totally different in the book than he is in the show. I feel like if I had read these books before I become a fan of the show I wouldn’t have like Wren at all. The story is not slow but I wouldn’t say it’s quick paced either. Every chapter covers another girl until the end when they come together. This first book is like the first episode of the show but with more details etc. I’m curious for the other books how that will go.


Rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ 

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM