April 27, 2013

MOVIE REVIEW | Silver Linings Playbook and The Host

Silver Linings Playbook
Cast: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert de Niro
Director: David O. Russell
Genre: Comedy, drama, romance
IMDb rating: 7,9/10
My rating: 8/10


After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own.

Review
Didn’t think this would be a comedy but it definitely is. I thought it would be more serious and focusing on Pat’s ‘illness’ and stuff but it’s about more than just that. I laughed out loud quite a few times with Tiffany. How she would appear out of nowhere to stalk Pat and act like he was doing something wrong instead of herself. I just loved her. I think if you are looking for a feel-good movie, then you have just found one.

The Host
Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Diane Kruger, Max Irons, Jake Abel
Director: Andrew Niccol
Genre: Action, adventure, sci-fi
IMDb rating: 5,9/10
My rating: 8/10

When an unseen enemy threatens mankind by taking over their bodies and erasing their memories, Melanie will risk everything to protect the people she cares most about, proving that love can conquer all in a dangerous new world.

Review
I’ve never read the book because I thought it would be some weird story about aliens killing people. I changed my mind about that when the movie trailer came out and now I’m convinced that it isn’t what I thought it would  be at all. The summary of the book is just weird and deceives you into thinking it’s this messed up sci-fi novel. I once got this book as a present and I was so upset I couldn’t even act like I was happy and ended up swapping it for another book at the store. Yes, I’m weird like that and I now feel like a loser because I want to read it. Everyone is raving about it, saying it’s even better than the movie etc etc. I really enjoyed watching this movie because it’s different. I didn’t think Wanda would be able to make them believe that Melanie was still in there (which btw, this whole 2 minds, 1 body thing reminds me of What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang A LOT). I really liked it and would it again anytime.

Sources: 1 | 2
Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM