April 16, 2013

Catching Fire Trailer Recap/Reaction



It looks like Lionsgate is going in the same direction as with THG trailers and that is to show only parts of the beginning of the film. If you haven’t read the book it’s practically impossible to know what actually happens in this movie. We see a lot of scenes during the Victory Tour when they have to give a speech in each district and scenes in District 12.


President Snow talks throughout this trailer saying Katniss needs to die etc and that her ‘species’, meaning all the victors, should be eradicated. This is a hint to what is following: the 75th Annual Hunger Games with victors. Again, if you haven’t read the book you probably didn’t grab that. We don’t see much of The Hunger Games and everything that comes with it. In the scene below it looks like they are in the Capitol at the President’s Manor or whatever you call that ENORMOUS house.


Katniss and Peeta are dressed up for an extravagant partie I’d say. There’s also a scene with Caesar Flickerman (with pink hair!) and a scene where Capitol people are patting Katniss on the shoulder. I got to say… Jennifer looks HAWT in that dress. But where is the ‘we-have-to-make-her-look-innocent’-vibe? It looks like we’re missing that in the movie.

The music is still in the same kind of genre and I like that. It’s an extra reminder that this is a sequel.

I hope we get another trailer in a few months and I'm pretty positive we will. This only a teaser trailer so we still have to get the real trailer, right? Well, I want some sugarcubes in the next one and perhaps some tick tock as well. Anyhow, I'd like to see the arena and the other victors in the next trailer but I think we'll just end up getting more scenes from the beginning of the movie just like Lionsgate did with THG so we end up knowing all the lines for the first half of the film. 

What are your thoughts on this teaser trailer? 

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I love the music they used. It really suits the story. I have the feeling I'm going to like this movie more than the first one. Not that I hated that one, but I wasn't blown away either. I also really like the scene with Prim!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM