April 11, 2013

BOOK REVIEW | The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


Basic information
Title: The Iron Queen (Goodreads)
Author: Julie Kagawa (Website)
Series: The Iron Fey #3
Genre: fantasy
Published by: Harlequin Teen in January 2011 (my edition: Harlequin in March 2013)

My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back. 
Review
Ash is such a softie sometimes I can’t even handle it. He’s supposed to be this invincible knight but he can act so dumb and childlike. Like the scene right after Puck left the shack/hut and he’s all like ‘if you’d rather be with Puck than you can say it and I’ll leave’ COME ON! Of course he doesn’t want to be with him he just confessed he has been keeping a major secret from Meghan and he believes that there is even a possibility she wants to be with Puck and not with him? I don’t believe it.
Meghan has still a weird character, sometimes I find the choices she makes quite hypocritical. There is character development though, a lot of it actually. She’s fighting her own fights, she doesn’t need someone else anymore, she has this power no one understands but that is very strong. I like her more than in the previous books though she’s still not my favorite protagonist.

Some things in this book just don’t make sense. It’s weird at times and I can’t explain exactly what. This is more in the beginning of the book. It’s like the actions of the characters contradict.

I read this book much faster than the other two. There are two reasons: a) I have time to read all day err day b) this book is just better than the previous two. There is more action and more depth to the story. This could be a nice conclusion but we’re still stuck with Ash so there’s a sequel. I don’t know if I’ll like reading from his POV because I don’t really like him but we’ll see.


Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM