April 6, 2013

Book haul


If you want a lot of books for little money then the annual Boekenfestijn is a must. The literal translation of that word would be ‘book fest’. The books you find there aren’t exactly new ones and some of them aren’t even in a good condition so keep that in mind if you’re shopping there. I had high expectations, I thought I would find every book I’d ever wanted to read there but it was quite the opposite. I found quite a few books but not the ones that were on top of my list and some weren’t even on it. The YA section could be way bigger and have a wider variety of genres within YA. If you like the Twilight series, you would be satisfied but I’m past that fase now. I hope next year their assortment of YA books will be more exciting.

Let’s have a look at what I found. There are some novels but also cookbooks, encyclopedias and photography books.




A book about photography is something I’ve always wanted. Especially since I bought a Canon 550D. This book focuses on the 60D and the 550D so I couldn’t find a better book than this one. I haven’t read it yet but that will happen soon. It looks like there is a lot of information in it about things I didn’t already know. This was €5,95.

A cookbook on chicken! I love everything with chicken in it but I can never come up with a dish of my own so this book will help me tons. It was only €1,99.

Ever since I started the Percy Jackson series I’ve been wondering where all these myths have come from and what myths there are in other parts of the world. It’s a very big book and very heavy as well but really interesting and educational. I hope I will use this in later studies as well. This book on mythology was  €5,95.

Novels! Two historical fiction novels by Philippa Gregory. Currently she’s the only HF author I’ve read but I’m looking for others so if you can recommend anyone or a HF book you’ve liked, don’t hesitate to do so. It isn’t my favorite genre but I still like reading it. Both The Lady  of the Rivers and The Other Queen were €2,95. One of them is a pocket size I believe, the other one is a standard paperback. It has a ‘buttery cover’ as Elizabeth from The Book Chronicles would say.

One of the only YA type of books I could find and that sparked my interest were The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (€4,95) and The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien (€6,95). The Fellowship of the Ring was nowhere to be seen but I couldn’t leave without the second installment in this series. Currently I only have The Hobbit and The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien. I don’t mind movie covers and these are the easiest to find around here. I don’t like ordering everything online.
The Forest of Hands and Teeth was once on my to-read to list I think but then I kind of forgot about it. This is the hardback version so I thought I’d just take it because there is no way I’ll ever find this edition anywhere else. I don’t know much about this book or if it has a good or bad reputation so we’ll see…


In the end I spent €31 on 7 books. Not bad huh? If you like contemporary and thrillers, they had tons of these as well as high fantasy novels. If you are from Belgium or from the Netherlands the Boekenfestijn is a must. Visit the website to find out more.

Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM