March 27, 2013

I was a Shaduwhunter!


As I mentioned some weeks ago I had to dress up as a fictional character because of our 'hoedjesweek'. You can read all about it here. I was very excited about this particular theme as no one really expected me to look like this. In fact no one knew what I was apart from my closest friends. Most of the others thought I was a ninja or something alike. Personally I've never seen a ninja with runes on the skin but hey... not everyone devours books like I do. Most of the people who asked where the term 'Shadowhunter' came from had never heard of The Mortal Instruments and I think some people even thought I had gone mad.

I have made my stele myself and painted a plactic sword I got at a random store. The stele is a pretty useless thing I you ask me. If it were a real one I'd keep it as close to me as possible but this one is just a piece of wood and was in my bag the entire day. As for the runes: I used some stencils and I drew a few myself such as the iratze and the strength rune that aren't visible in this picture. Posts on how to make a stele, get yourself a seraph blade and apply runes are coming in the near future. It's nothing fancy but as I was looking for tutorials on how to make these things etc. I found that there aren't many. I hope I can help people who are looking for some help while assembling their Shadowhunter costume.

The things I'm wearing are:
Top - H&M | Leather Jacket - New Look | Black cardigan - H&M | Black pants - H&M | Belt with studs - Vero Moda | Boots - Store I forgot the name of (but you can get studded boots everywhere these days)

Even though the majority of my school didn't know what I was, I had a lot of fun, took a lot of pictures and had a ton of weird looks. My day was made!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, this is amazing! I imagine your schoolmates being like:
    “You're the first Shadowhunter I've ever met."

    and then you:
    “That’s too bad,” said (Jace) Kaylie, “since all the others you meet from now on will be a terrible letdown.”

    I was thinking of going to the City of Bones movie as a Shadowhunter, but I don't own anything black apart from a pair of socks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing so hard right now, this your best comment as of yet! Hahaha

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM