March 30, 2013

HOW TO: Dress like a Shadowhunter

 photo howtodresslikeash_zpsgvxp7cxk.jpg
As you know, I was a Shadowhunter for a day last week. Shadowhunters look better in black than the widows of their enemies since 1234 and therefore I had to buy a few black clothing pieces.

The black leather jacket is a staple in the Shadowhunter gear. It doesn’t really matter what type as long as it’s black. A leather jacket doesn’t need to cost much. In stores like New Look they are around €30. Underneath it you can wear whatever you want. I chose for a black tank top but you can also go for a t-shirt or a long sleeve shirt. 
Then: black pants. Leather or fabric: it doesn’t really matter as long as it’s black. A black belt would make it look more like the gear they are wearing in the movie but it’s not necessary. I didn’t add a black belt because I didn’t want to buy one (I wouldn’t wear it again afterwards so it'd kinda be a waste of money).

The shoes are more difficult. The boots Jemima is wearing in a few shots were available at a webstore called New Rock Shoes a few months ago but they seem to be discontinued (edit: the store doesn't exist anymore).  I think any black high-heeled boots or booties would do the job. I don’t have that so I’m using my studded boots. 

In the trailer we can see Clary/Lily Collins is wearing fingerless black gloves in some shots. If you have that at home already you can also wear those. The hair is in a high ponytail or loose. As for make-up: the girls aren’t wearing much. Isabelle/Jemima West has some eyeliner going on and I think I spot some false lashes there. Lily doesn’t seem to have much make-up on at all.



Other related tutorials: 

How to make a seraph blade 

How to make a stele 

How to apply runes to skin

3 comments:

  1. Awesome :) Can't believe I just found this blog. Need to dress up as a shadow hunter for halloween now :D

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM