March 28, 2013

BOOK REVIEW | Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
Genre: dystopian
Published by: HarperCollins in February 2013
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.
She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.
Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.
In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

There is some great character development going on here. In the beginning Juliette is still insecure  but she changes throughout the book. Especially at the very end. She needed more than one wake-up-call to actually wake up but she woke up at last and that’s what matters. Warner also changed and I actually grew to like him. I even ship JuliettexWarner more than I ship her with Adam now and it makes me so frustrated. Who is she going to pick in the end?! I might even be disappointed and sad when she chooses Adam but if she doesn’t, I’d feel bad for him. Argh! I feel so bad for Warner too but at the same time he can be such a little bitch. I can’t decide whether he’s good or bad sometimes. Adam is less there in this book. He’s also a bit annoying here. I can understand he’s sad over what’s happened but please don’t whine about it so much.

Unravel Me is as good, if not better than Shatter Me. It’s almost twice as long but there are some amazing plot twists in this one that I enjoyed so much. It only adds up to the story, makes it more complicated for the characters. There’s suspense, romance, betrayal,… just everything you would wish for in a good book. Also the writing style is the same as in Shatter Me and makes reading a book more realistic. Tahereh Mafi describes feelings in such a good and poetic way I can almost feel them myself. Every sentence in these books could be a quote.

Unravel Me reminds me of Legend/Prodigy and a bit of The Hunger Games. Omega Point is like District 13. Everything is underground, no one knows Omega is there and they all have a purpose. As for Legend: Warner is like Anden. Irrevocably in love with the girl that wants him gone. I think all dystopian novels have similarities with one another now because there are so many of them. I haven’t read Destroy Me yet but I think I might do that very soon. I recommend the Shatter Me series to anyone who loves YA books because this shit is the bomb.

Follow this potterhead on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Gah, I want to read this book so badly, but I've spent waaay to much money the past 2 months, so I'm restraining myself from buying it.
    I loved Shatter Me, but I thought the romance was a bit too much at times. Looking forward to reading about Warner in Unravel me, though. Everybody says he changed in Unravel me and I'm very curious in what way.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM