January 6, 2013

Book review: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen


Pride and PrejudicePride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took me a while to decide whether or not to read Pride & Prejudice because it’s very different to what I usually read (being mainly YA fiction). I was afraid it would be dry and long without much variation.
I saw the movie a few months ago and was very surprised by how lovely the story is so that made the decision a lot easier. Initially I started listening to the e-book but I couldn’t focus on it and so I didn’t get very far. But thanks to the movie I understand things better now and I can picture almost everything in my head.

It’s sometimes hard to follow. I don’t always seem to know where they were and that made it hard to picture it all in my head. It’s also written in a bit older English and hard for me to understand certain words. Luckily my ereader provides a dictionary… I was harder when I read the physical book version.
The book demands my full attention, otherwise I’d be reading parts without knowing what happened. The problem is that I get distracted quite easily, especially with this book.
It has a lot of chapters (61) but each of them is only a few pages long. It gives you the feeling you’re reading very fast while in fact you are reading very slowly.
I loved pretty much every single character. Even Lydia whom is so ignorant and obsessed with finding a husband.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I felt when trying to read this book. I kind of gave up, actually. Maybe I should watch the movie first too...that might actually be a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching a movie is always easier and faster than reading the actual book and it really motivated me to read it in the end. I hope it will help you too!

      Delete
  2. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with AdFly and receive $$$ for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM