November 5, 2012

Book review: The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling


The Tales of Beedle the BardThe Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Enjoyed all the fairy tales though, I have to admit, the Fountain of Fair Fortune is my favorite.

Though the themes of some of the tales are a bit dark, I would certainly read these tales to my kids as bed time stories. There are great lessons in them and I think they shouldn't me changed at all (just agreeing with Dumbledore on Beatrix Bloxam being one mad lady). Dumbledore's commentaries are a great addition to this book as it helps you understand the stories and learn the history of them. He gives you a lot background information about the tales in his own way. And by the way, the book would be kind of bleak and pointless without the commentaries if you ask me.

There are some winks to characters and facts in the Harry Potter series such as Nearly Headless Nick and Dumbledore's abillity to be invisible without the need of an Invisibility Cloak. The book also made me curious to another 'side-read' being Fantastical Creatures and Where to Find Them. Though I already read this book in the past I forgot the majority of the content and I would be happy to read it again and even buy a copy of it as it would be a great addition to my Harry Potter book collection.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM