August 25, 2012

Book review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The writing style is okay. I mean, there is nothing special about it. It reads quickly and easily. I feel like the story picks up slowly because nothing important happens between Sam’s change and his fight with Jack – in my opinion. That doesn’t mean I didn’t like reading what happened in between.

I don’t know what to think about the uber ignorant parents of Grace. They literally don’t notice anything. If their daughter was kidnapped by a giant panda they wouldn’t even notice her absence. Or maybe they would since she’s  the one who prepares their food…
Also: Isabelle changed too quickly for my taste. One minute she’s described as the blonde school bitch, the other minute she’s super helpful and friendly and caring. Another thing that was rushed: Jack’s death. You could’ve seen it coming but even if you did, it was kinda sudden. So is Grace and Sam’s relationship. The guy is human for a day and bam they’re already in love.
The end was a bit vague: what happened to Sam when he was gone? Where was he? How did he survive? I missed his witty side a bit. In the beginning he’s al jokester-ish and then poof it’s gone.
I don’t think this was a bad book at all, I enjoyed reading it and was confused about what would be happening in the sequel but thank god for Goodreads!

Hope you liked my review.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can create short links with AdFly and make money from every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM