August 12, 2012

BOOK REVIEW | City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


Basic information
Title: City of Glass (Goodreads)
Author: Cassandra Clare (Website)
Series: The Mortal Instruments #3
Genre: urban fantasy
Published: March 2009

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

This certainly is one of the best books I’ve ever read. There are so many amazing plot twists and a lot of times I was really flabbergasted. I feel like I say this every time I talk about a book but I can’t help it. There is slightly less action is this one but it’s still very thrilling. There is a lot of suspense. It reads very easily, I could get lost in this for hours. I wanted to read this as fast as possible to know what would happen.  I liked the different setting, it made this third book that much more interesting. The ending was perfect but more of an open ending. This series could have been done with this book (which it initially was) but it also leave the opportunity to continue the story.
For me, City of Glass was definitely the best one yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM