June 26, 2012

Book Review: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Finally got around to reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and I’m not regretting it! I really enjoyed The Lightning Thief and I’m already craving Sea of Monsters. I might just get it tomorrow or something.

The genre reminds me of my beloved Harry Potter books because it has the same sort of pattern and it’s just as fantastic. I love the idea of incorporating Greek gods into a story like this. Not only is it fun, I also felt my knowledge of ancient Greek myths and legends grow. I didn’t study Greek or Latin so I don’t know anything about all the stories about the gods.
I saw the movie before I actually found out it was based on a book. I loved the movie but both are totally different and that made the reading experience even more fun.

I enjoyed this book very much and if you haven’t read this one: you are missing out.

(I noticed I never really give a short summory but that’s why Goodreads exists, right?)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM