May 26, 2012

BOOK REVIEW | Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Basic information
Title: Beautiful Creatures (Goodreads)
Author(s): Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl (Website)
Series: Caster Chronicles #1
Genre: paranormal
Published: December 2009

Is falling in love the beginning . . . or the end? In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . . There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head . . . Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes. There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it. In the end, there is a grave. Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided. Ethan never even saw it coming. 



You're dragged into the story pretty quickly but there are some 'boring' parts. There are never parts that bore you to death though. Also towards the end things start going a bit crazy. The world the protagonists live in isn't realistic at all ( I mean, there is no such thing as magic, right?) but their relationship is. Everything is really 'believeable' (can't seem to find the right word here) just not when it involves Casters.

Very interesting story. I don't know if I like it very much or if I just think it's okay, I guess somewhere in between. I also don't know if I'll read the sequal bevause it lookslike it's gonna be the same as this one.


1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and earn dollars from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM