April 22, 2012

Book review: The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

The ReaderThe Reader by Bernhard Schlink

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read this book a few years ago and recently read it for a book report for school. I also saw the movie. It's a quite moving story.

It's a good story. It is well explained, everything is clear. I was a little bored with the scenes at court because it dragged a bit. On the other hand, this book makes you think about what is good and what is wrong. Because Hanna did awful things but she did good at the same time yet she still went to prison because she admitted a crime she never did. The book forces you to think about illiteracy, about how much this affects your daily life. I recommend it to people who are looking for a quick read with nice content.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM