April 1, 2012

BOOK REVIEW | Eragon by Christopher Paolini


Title: Eragon
Series: The Inheritance Cycle #1
Genre: high fantasy
Published: April 2005

One boy . . .
One dragon . . .
A world of adventure.
When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.

Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds.
Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.


I'm quite surprised that I liked this book. I usually don't really like dragons but this book made me change my mind. The story is thrilling and makes you want more. It's a slow pace though, at least in my opinion. A lot of things happen but the events in between them are too long. I could say this story is interesting and different but I know that a hell of a lot of people think this is a rip-off of LoTR (I can't say so because I haven't read LoTR, only watched the films). As soon as I hit the bookstore again I will get Eldest and I'll let you know what I thought about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM